Total Divas discussion thread.

Forrest

Yeah, they have the TV time for it (and way too much of their TV time is wasteful matches), but the problem is how do you fit a reality TV doc into a live Raw without it being jarring? Especially for the audience in the arena, if you're doing big chunks at a time. If you're mixing two-minute clips of it throughout the show, it's a very different tone and style to the traditional backstage segments and interviews, which are mostly just pop one camera down and block out one contrived setup. Quick and simple. Do you nix those backstage bits or have both?

Didn't TNA do something like that with their Global Impact thing? It was quite match based but then so is the 'E these days.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Yeah, they have the TV time for it (and way too much of their TV time is wasteful matches), but the problem is how do you fit a reality TV doc into a live Raw without it being jarring? Especially for the audience in the arena, if you're doing big chunks at a time. If you're mixing two-minute clips of it throughout the show, it's a very different tone and style to the traditional backstage segments and interviews, which are mostly just pop one camera down and block out one contrived setup. Quick and simple. Do you nix those backstage bits or have both?

Didn't TNA do something like that with their Global Impact thing? It was quite match based but then so is the 'E these days.

The Global Impact show was excellent. Albert and Tomko were just knocking about on the train and ordering dinner and Kurt Angle was talking in his normal voice and stuff. It was a change of pace at the time.

I don't watch this show.

I don't even know how to watch this show.

I did, however, watch a clip on WWE.com that gave a mini tour of John Cenas house. Fucking hell. I mean, Nicki's dick swinging and attempt to humiliate Brie/D-Bry was horrible but the house was just...

...Fucking hell.

Got to say I am so stealing that kissing your own hand thing, I'm awful at chatting up girls anyway so I may as well do something that will make them think "what a prick" rather than "what a goof". Like Fandango said, she remembered him for doing it.

Also that second episode just made me pretty much hate them all apart from Bryan and possibly Fandango.

The Bellas and Cena were pretty much putting down Bryan for living in a simple, normal house, a house that has been in his family and having furniture which have been in his family. Just because he's down to earth and doesn't have a circus like Cena's place doesn't make him second best to Cena, if anything it shows what he values in life.

And Eva Marie, she seems like such a lovely lady, accepting the proposal of her boyfriend (who she'd only been with for two and a half months by the way) and then taking off the ring to go out and flirt with some other guy just so that she can be his dance partner when she can't even dance! The dance was so awkward as was the dressing down she got after it and the dressing down from Stephanie too. Fandango looked so pissed after it too when he said he didn't want to give it another go.

This is pretty awful TV really but I dunno whether it is in the so bad I want to watch it or the so bad I could care less about it category yet.

Fandango was one of the highlights of this weeks episode especially the kissing of his own hand. Hopefully Dirty Curty pops up again although I imagine this was his one shot deal with the show.

The Eva Marie segments were painfully staged again this week and she continued to display all the charisma of a wooden pole. Seeing as she's been pushed so heavily thus far I reckon she'll be hanging around like a bad smell after this series has finished much like they had all those Diva Search losers taking up positions on Raw and Smack Down! all those years ago.

As has already been covered, the real highlight of Total Divas thus far has been the bromance between Bryan and Cena. Both have come out of this looking every inch the top blokes you imagine them to be outside the ring. Brie Bella seems like a nice down to earth girl too whereas Nikki seems like a right proper twat. Also Cena's got a right impressive gaff hasn't he?

Oh yeah, and Trinity's mental.

What are the ratings like so far for this show? Are the usual E! audience liking it?

Great, I think. The first episode was the highest-rated new show on E! this season, and the second episode was an increase from the first, which surprised Meltzer I think. Alvarez was calling a 30% drop or something.

Just because he's down to earth and doesn't have a circus like Cena's place doesn't make him second best to Cena

Yeah it does.

And Eva Marie, she seems like such a lovely lady, accepting the proposal of her boyfriend (who she'd only been with for two and a half months by the way) and then taking off the ring to go out and flirt with some other guy just so that she can be his dance partner when she can't even dance!

I love this bit of your post. Total Divas is like kayfabe's last hope.

• Paid Members

On similar lines, amusing note from F4Weekly about the reaction of the locker room to seeing the show:

We're also told that even though it's a reality show and everything (and on Sunday's show I am talking damn near EVERYTHING) is fake, the word we got from Raw Monday is that Eva Marie is PASSIONATELY hated. Which means she'll probably be pushed hard on the main roster very soon.

Yeah, I thought that. They've got The Invisible Boy completely it seems and he doesn't even seem to realise it. That supports my idea the other day.

Oddly enough, I was going to say "that makes me think ShortOrderCook's idea could work wonders on the main shows!"

Archived