The Championship/Lower Leagues Thread 2013/14

patiirc

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

He doesn't have anything to do with them now I don't think their run by Italians who own Udinese and Grenada and move players between the three. Elton does a concert at Vicarage Road every summer and lets them keep the money though I think. Their just an average Championship club I guess, they had a year in the PL not long ago under Aidy Boothroyd.

• 1 month later...

It's not an ownership issue really, it's an issue with a lawyer for the buying party completely overstepping the mark. Hopefully, this spurs Leeds fans into action. They need a partnership between the interested parties and a fans group. Why are fans in this country so apathetic and then bitch when clubs won't listen?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Can anyone explain why Leeds have a ridiculous number of Saturday lunchtime games on Sky? They must've been on 7 weekends out of the 12 so far in 2014.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Apologies, I actually started a post in here a good few weeks back detailing what I thought of Wolves potential run-in and the importance of Sheffield United in the promotion race, but my fucking phone crashed on me.

Come the final game I'll defo add my thoughts on the season overall, why Kenny Jackett should be considered manager of the year across all divisions (except maybe Dyche could take it too), how Brentford don't deserve the plaudits or coverage they've been getting, why Preston or Rotherham were more deserving of promotion, League One footie as a whole including why it's way better than the Championship, and then where I hope Wolves go and who we look to purchase close season.

Looking forward to next season already, and I never thought I'd be saying that as a Wolves fan for a long long time!

• Paid Members
why Kenny Jackett should be considered manager of the year across all divisions (except maybe Dyche could take it too)

Steve Cotterill should at least get a passing nod for taking a BCFC team that's spent almost the entire season in the bottom four and putting them within 90 minutes of a top-half finish in the space of 8 weeks. Aside from today's hosspiss the change since the start of March has been unbelievable.

And the Blue Few have likely dodged dropping out of the Football League by a hair's breadth after squeezing a win out of Wycombe.

• Paid Members

Hereford pulled off the unlikely today with an 88th minute strike to keep the in the Skrill Premier. Overjoyed at that, dropping even lower would all but finish the club off in terms of fan attendance (of which I've slacked myself the past few years) and money. Now the big task is to make sure the club pays off its debt and gets rid of its useless owners for someone not completely stupid in their role.

Hopefully onwards and upwards for the next year now.

So relegation is settled. Stunned to see Bristol Rovers are gone, which I imagine completely screws their plans to build the 21,700 seat UWE Stadium. It was an ill-conceived project anyway, as they have fewer Facebook fans than that.

I also can't believe Donny are down. 43 points from 39 games and they've taken one point since.

Archived