The Championship/Lower Leagues Thread 2013/14

patiirc

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Parlo/Benni dream ticket?

Carbone has said on twitter he wants the JOB

Just imagine a Paolo/Benni Italian Job at the helm, It would end in disaster of course but it could be hilarious for a few weeks ago at least

Neil Warnock is moving up in the Bookies betting, NOT A CHANCE of that happening, It would just be poison on the stands, surely he wouldn't even want it anyway given his Love of the Blades

Its George Graham going to Tottenham all over again

To use a turn of phrase favoured by another ex-Wednesday manager, Benni's watching cartoons if he thinks he's getting this job, Paolo likewise. Problem is, trying to call what Mandaric will do is impossible. Looking at his record of appointments, only two really worked at previous clubs - Redknapp at Portsmouth and Pearson at Leicester. Really could go either way.

To use a turn of phrase favoured by another ex-Wednesday manager, Benni's watching cartoons if he thinks he's getting this job, Paolo likewise. Problem is, trying to call what Mandaric will do is impossible. Looking at his record of appointments, only two really worked at previous clubs - Redknapp at Portsmouth and Pearson at Leicester. Really could go either way.

I think it will be Warnock for Wednesday. Listening to the local radio phone in last night and most Owls were in favour (small sample size of those who called in, granted). Speaking of Mandaric and Redknapp, bringing him back from Southampton to Portsmouth is very similar to bringing in an ex-Blade to Hillsbrough.

Steve Evans from Rotherham is favourite though, by all accounts.

I think it will be Warnock for Wednesday. Listening to the local radio phone in last night and most Owls were in favour (small sample size of those who called in, granted). Speaking of Mandaric and Redknapp, bringing him back from Southampton to Portsmouth is very similar to bringing in an ex-Blade to Hillsbrough.

Steve Evans from Rotherham is favourite though, by all accounts.

Yeah I see what you say that people have obviously crossed the lines of rivalries before but Redknapp sin't a known lifelong fan of either of those is he and he took Southampton down so had that goodwill to go back on? Warnock is a known Utd supporter and whilst I would be certain he wouldn't perform badly on purpose of course if he was unable to save us just imagine the reaction (similar to Saints fans of Redknapp) and he has also managed Leeds to boot as well

Christ if he became our manager its like he is just trolling all 3 sets of fans

I just think its best left alone for all parties sack TBH

Evans would be a huge gamble, if we were in mid table it might be an easier introduction but this is a dogfight, he will need to be up to the task right away with no experience in the division, It would be similar to when we appointed Brian Laws after firing Paul Sturrock, whilst Laws had more experience then Evans does it was a bit of a risk but It did work out reasonably well for a time at least anyway.

Who needs a manager

Big 3 points over the league leaders and even bigger considering fellow relegation zone clubs Yeovil and Barnsley also won

Close us 3 clubs back to the pack a bit after being cut adrift this weekend

Excellent result for Wednesday last night. I know it happens so often with a knee jerk reaction to a sacking in that you often get a spike in results over the next couple of games but even to see Wickham, who hasn't kicked a ball all season really, come up with a performance like that must be frustrating for Jones' to think why didn't he ever do that for me?

Interesting to see that they have signed Glenn Loovens who can hopefully do a job alongside Roger Johnson as some of the goals they have lost recently are pretty embarrassing and Miguel Llera in particular often looks at fault.

On the subject of Wigan i don't think i've heard Dave Whelan give a single interview since the summer where doesn't mention Martinez. He's like a heartbroken ex-girlfriend. Needs to get over it and move on.

As a Leeds fan, I find the idea of Neil Warnock being appointed anywhere hilarious. That man is a footballing dinosaur - some of the decisions that he made were absolutely awful; Playing Michael Brown instead of Ross Barkley, letting Andros Townsend leave and replacing him with Danny Webber, the swap between Steve Morison and Luciano Becchio probably being the worst of them all. Morison who scored three goals for us, and currently spends his time on the bench at Milwall.

God I hope he gets the Wednesday job

Warnock was clearly doing the Leeds job for the cash. QPR broke his heart by firing him after getting them promoted, he thought Leeds would pad his CV so he can ride another big contract through to retirement. It didn't pan out.

The managerial merry-go-round since the end of last season.

Dickov to Doncaster after they were promoted, has done OK so far.

Lomas to Millwall, "West Ham vermin cunt", injuries, lack of quality players, mixed results.

Coyle to Wigan, sacked already, probably to be replaced by novice manager Mike Phelan.

Garcia to Brighton, inconsistent, mixed results.

McClaren to Derby, massively improved results, pushed them into the playoffs.

Karanka to Middlesbrough, nothing to shout about, won one game off one shot on target.

Barnsley linked with Michael Appleton, likely to stick with Micky Mellon for a few weeks.

Sheffield Wednesday allegedly approached Rotherham for Steve Evans, linked with Neil Warnock.

Good lord is all I can say.

As a Leeds fan, I find the idea of Neil Warnock being appointed anywhere hilarious. That man is a footballing dinosaur - some of the decisions that he made were absolutely awful; Playing Michael Brown instead of Ross Barkley, letting Andros Townsend leave and replacing him with Danny Webber, the swap between Steve Morison and Luciano Becchio probably being the worst of them all. Morison who scored three goals for us, and currently spends his time on the bench at Milwall.

God I hope he gets the Wednesday job

As a QPR fan I absolutely love Warnock and still think he would be a good appointment for most championship teams, including Sheffield Wednesday. I cant comment what happened at Leeds but for me he is one of the best Championship managers around and I still think got unfairly dismissed at Rangers.

• 2 weeks later...

Zola leaves Watford

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/16/zola-resigns...d-fans-4232854/http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/16/zola-resigns...d-fans-4232854/

Not really worked out there, the Italian owners crave success and getting in players like Faraoni (who was expected to go on to better things when at Inter) to build on a 3rd place finish last time hasnt bought the all conquering side that was plans

Rumours abound he's up for the West Brom Job which would be odd, surely?

Archived