Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

Stannis story was worth it to show how desperate people will get to get power, but in the end his way of burning people didn't work either

I'm guessing "Hodor" is a corruption of something that sent him doolally. Like he was told to "hold the door" to his room while the rest of his family were butchered. Or something similarly GRRM.

Gonna have to give you that one!

White Walkers are fucking GOAT.

Wife was in tears at the end of that one.

I'm not sure why the wolf had to sacrifice itself. I mean, I get it, but wouldn't it have been more useful in the long run to stay alive, rather than needlessly put the white walkers over to gain what, a second of extra time? Sort it out, dipshit.

• Paid Members

I love that Meera ignored the standard "No, don't sacrifice yourself! There must be some other way" trope and was all "Hold the door, fatty".

I was a bit confused about why she suddenly bolted to the mouth of the cave though. Did I miss something? What tipped her off?

Hodor might have one of the most tragic character arcs in TV history. The vast majority of his life has already been ruined by his death. How messed up is that? I bet the poor fucker comes back as a Wight as well.

Great episode all round. Actually this whole season has been top class. It looks like following the books was actually hampering the show, particularly last season.

I felt bad for Arya, watching that play, and then bad for the actors. I hope we see more of it though. Camp, comedic Ned Stark was brilliant.

• Paid Members

Meera was tipped off by the icy breathe. The cold meant that the walkers had turned up.

Great episode with an amazing final 10 minutes. Getting a bit bored with Tyrion in Mereen though. Seems like they're just killing time with that story.

Also: the mystery of who's behind the Sons Of The Harpy...it's clearly going to be the Red Priestess in Mereen.

Edited by LaGoosh

Camp, comedic Ned Stark was brilliant.

Oh god oh god, I haven't marked out this much at a TV show in an age. It's a proper donwestmiketenayhigh5.gif moment.

Drink your weak lemon drink now!

Edited by Merzbow

If tht is the end of Hodor, what a poor fucker. Imagine if bran has to kill a wighte Hodor near the end of the story tho, heartbreaking

• Awards Moderator

I was almost in tears at that ending too. Is this the first proper 'sad' or hero death in Thrones? Rather than a shock or 'well that was graphic' death? Even if not, it was very well done, tugged at the emotions for sure. I'm still a bit torn up about it!

(Nine year old Lost spoilers)

I wonder whether it was part of the reason they got Jack Bender in to direct, considering how he killed Charlie in a similarly tragic and effective way in season 3.

I also loved the play, and really hope they include a full length version on the DVD extras or do a bonus episode that's just the play or something.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Dragonglass I think, didn't Bran give some to her when they were hiding in the tower that time where Jon Snow was just outside fighting wildlings?

The Hodor twist, as emotional as it was, was a bit sci-fi paradox-ish for me. I really hope there isn't any more of his, like with Daz's theory a few pages back.

THE ACTOR KEVIN ELDON.

Bye glory days of Game of Thrones, the only way is down from here. I hate this phrase, but i genuinely can't think of a better term - I completely marked out when he rocked up giving it the full Rod Hull. My favourite ever guest star playing my favourite ever character. There's no touching that for me now.