Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Polish Dad said:

It was the original Targaryen throne, afaik. Dragonstone was the ancestral home of the Targaryens.

Yep, they were a relatively small Valyrian house and moved there from Valyria not long before the Doom, I think. After Aegon's conquest King's Landing became the capital and seat of the king, whilst Dragonstone served as the home of the Prince (and heir). Therefore the throne shown, presumably, was never a King's throne but rather a Prince's throne.

• Paid Members

Yes, my friend said the same thing this morning. Neither of us know how the fuck it will happen, something to do with those WHITE WALKING GIANTS~ maybe. They seem to be heading towards a big fuck-off battle at Eastmarch-by-the-Sea as well.

Edited by PunkStep

Was the big giant white Walker type thing we saw the same giant that was killed in the last series on Jons side or am I missing something? (Sorry I watch it but I don't know all the names of people/clans)

oh and shout out to Jorah Mormont, the absolute "friendzone" prick. Bless him. 

• Awards Moderator
Just now, SuperBacon said:

Was the big giant white Walker type thing we saw the same giant that was killed in the last series on Jons side or am I missing something? (Sorry I watch it but I don't know all the names of people/clans)

There were a few Giants in the distance but I think the implication was that it was "Wun wun", yes.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Wonder what's up with the random soldiers Arya bumped into?

Did you recognise any of them? I liked that scene- it reminded us that Arya, this newfound killer, was still human after all. She saw their swords and probably thought about killing them all purely on the basis they were Lannister soldiers but then realised they were seemingly decent normal people, just doing their duty.

@herbie747 Ed had the line 'it's a new song' because it actually was a new song in their world- it was written by a bard as a reference to Tyrion's relationship with Shae.

Edited by PunkStep