Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Paid Members

It's not unusual to see theĀ same actors in different things though. That's their arena. Paul Kay looks nothing likeĀ Dennis Pennis in it. The guy with the eye patch doesn't look like the cop from Fortitude anymore, etc.

But if Bono turned up, it'd be fucking weird. Regardless of howĀ good his acting was - don't say it wouldn'tĀ throw you for a second. Especially if he started singing.

Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Actors act, singers sing. Ā That's why Ed Sheeran turning up in Game Of Thrones is jarring, because he is famous but not an actor.

Ā 

17 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I have to agree with those saying it was pretty jarring. It was more like a cameo in an episode of Friends where the guest actor is basically just playing themselves.

Precisely, lads.

Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members

The problem isn't having singers in GoT, they have been in before. Sigur Ros were singing at Joffrey and Cressida's wedding. Gary Lightbody out of Snow Patrol sings as one of the Bolton soldiers in Walk Of Punishment.Ā 

Ā 

The problem with Sheeran is that he isn't very good.Ā 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

And that's the thing, you didn't see Roy Slater

I did, all throughout that scene I couldn't concentrate on whatever the fuck that idiot Sam was doing, ruined my viewing.Ā 

All I could think of is a big-bearded old wartime sailor, confusingly asking "Who's Rachel?"

• Members
58 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I did, all throughout that scene I couldn't concentrate on whatever the fuck that idiot Sam was doing, ruined my viewing.Ā 

All I could think of is a big-bearded old wartime sailor, confusingly asking "Who's Rachel?"

Very good Punker.

"Oh this'll be lovely Samwell. You'll be one of my grasses in my pocket. I can take you out and bounce you around whenever I feel bored"