Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Anyone received this poxy message today? I've had this from two friends on Facebook so far. Both a bit naive/gullible when it comes to understanding tech.

Please tell all the contacts in your messenger list not to accept Jayden K. Smith friendship request. He is a hacker and has the system connected to your Facebook account. If one of your contacts accepts it, you will also be hacked, so make sure that all your friends know it. Thanks. Forwarded as 

Hold your finger down on the message. At the bottom in the middle it will say forward. received. then click on the received. of those in your list and it will send to them

• Awards Moderator

Thanks to the 'one of your friends liked this, so you have to see it too' that my News Feed has become, I was treated to this piece of crap this morning. 

Today I am thirty.

Thirty. Not thirty years old, or thirty years young, just thirty.

I've lived three decades on this spinning ball suspended in space and in that time I've travelled the world five times over; impersonated a mall Santa and Easter bunny; worked on a vineyard in New Zealand; traveled in a caravan as part of a carnival in Australia; cracked champagne under the Eiffel Tower (twice); climbed an active volcano and lived to talk about it; wrote for a daily newspaper; got published in an international magazine; kayaked for five days straight down the Whanganui River; got six tattoos in three different countries; dined at Dracula's castle in Transylvania; graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with two degrees and two minors and at the top of my class; opened two businesses; wrote a song about a Mariner; performed as a candlestick, a crab and a donkey, as well as two iconic Fitzgerald and Wilde characters; directed an existentialist play about people in living in hell; convinced someone I was a ski instructor for the olympics; told someone else I had a twin; impersonated a mermaid on the street while people threw popcorn at me; sold nine of the twelve apostles remains and also a fragment of the virgin Mary's veil; bought three human skulls, sold one; sat in the grass too long; looked at the moon and the sun and the clouds too long; perfected a cheesecake recipe; fell in love; questioned life; questioned people; took a walk in the rain; decided to wake up and live; stopped asking old questions; started asking new questions; learned to let go; planted basil; found truth and honesty in an upside down world; discovered falsehood and deceit in an upside down world; found a reason, a key, a secret door; I found a sense of belonging...it took awhile, but I'm here.

Home. 

And there is a tidal wave of change coming. The only thing for certain in this life: change 

The most touching gift I received for this birthday was a deceased butterfly, framed, with a handwritten message that said even though this butterfly is dead, it's never forgotten, it matters because we say it matters and it's beautiful because, well, it just is. Meaning in the most meaningless things. Yesterday twenty-nine, today thirty, tomorrow sixty and in a blink, ninety-nine--but I get the privilege of sharing this suspended ball floating in space with all of you. The people who make the moments happen, writing the story of each new experience, proving to me day after gorgeous day that this weird, oftentimes uncomfortable life is worth it, as long as there are people who matter and there's a story worth telling.

Today is my day, but I choose to share it all with you. The ones who make me, me. Because without you in my life, I'm just the made up number of thirty, living on repeat until the blinds close forever and the lights go out. But to you, like this forgotten butterfly, I matter. And that's worth it all.

Today, let's all celebrate being alive together.

10 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Anyone received this poxy message today? I've had this from two friends on Facebook so far. Both a bit naive/gullible when it comes to understanding tech.

I've had that message 3 times in the last 12 hours

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Thanks to the 'one of your friends liked this, so you have to see it too' that my News Feed has become, I was treated to this piece of crap this morning. 

(vomit inducing crap)

Omfg. I'd be interested to see the replies to that. 

• Paid Members

"The System!"

That's some proper old school cyberspace paranoia. Next they'll be warning about The System taking over anything with a microprocessor and making it carry out It's evil bidding.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

"The System!"

That's some proper old school cyberspace paranoia. Next they'll be warning about The System taking over anything with a microprocessor and making it carry out It's evil bidding.

Hmm, Jayden seems to have covered his tracks and removed data from his website... he's not daft.

uc1.png

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Hmm, Jayden seems to have covbeautifulred his tracks and removed data from his website... he's not daft.

uc1.png

Was that background made with the spraycan in MS Paint? It's beautiful!

• 3 weeks later...

"My moms been banned from PayPal for sending money to Isis... 

Her note: 'Money for Isis'
Her step Grandaughters name: Isis

I'm fucking howling 😂"

A friend just just posted this and I couldn't help but piss myself laughing. I do kind of feel bad for 68 year old Sandra who may now be on some sort of watchlist until the investigation is complete. Apparently she only sent £20 as well

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

"My moms been banned from PayPal for sending money to Isis... 

Her note: 'Money for Isis'
Her step Grandaughters name: Isis

I'm fucking howling 😂"

A friend just just posted this and I couldn't help but piss myself laughing. I do kind of feel bad for 68 year old Sandra who may now be on some sort of watchlist until the investigation is complete. Apparently she only sent £20 as well

My girlfriend had a payment stopped by her bank and an questions asked about her account after her friend paid up for some tickets to a play my girlfriend had bought about Kim Jong Ill. She'd put the payment reference as "North Korea Money".