Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

• Moderators

I saw this the other day:

"Every time you trip on your ego, it brings you to your knees. Every time you embrace kindness, you stand tall."

~A~

Said with a little frustration and a lot of Love

"~A~" is the person who wrote that status too. Yes, they self-quoted themselves.

• Awards Moderator

This one's working its way through my feed at the moment. Nothing cringeworthy on the level of angels or anything, the sentiment of it is actually quite nice, but something about people feeling the need to post it irks me for some reason. I think it's the picture and the whole 'share this if' element.

526938_425194237575021_1376741303_n.jpg

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Yeah, I think the message is nice and all but the way its presented is lame duck. Its one of those cases where you think "you don't really need to post this on Facebook" but then you realise that there is a bit of a stigma about those things and then when you have them you feel like a big girl's blouse so maybe its nice. Well, as nice as a shitty meme can get. Which isn't very.

Edit: Also my prevailing thought when I started having panic attacks was probably the one that loads of people have, "fuck, they're what teenage girls have." I'm not sure the meme really tackles that stereotype.

Are all memes shit?

Edited by Vamp

Somebody on my Facebook has suddenly revealed themselves. They've shared some meme from some kind of "We love Britain" group which has a picture of protestors and police with the following over it: "This is the anti-British group the UAF prostesting in London today. If they hate Britain they should leave. Share if you agree." I'm presuming, and hoping, that he doesn't know what any of that means because of the sheer amount of nonsense in that. The best thing though is the idea that the people against fascism are anti-British. Does that mean we can stop banging on about "wiping out fascism in Europe?"

• Paid Members

One tool on my face book posted the John Venables pictures, with the whole load of this is the child killer paedo stuff and he could be living down your road ect.

Fuck me can you guess what would happen if it turned out to be a pissed off Ex posting some random guys picture up? Great way to get back at someone! or get someone near on killed.

• Paid Members
it is a really sad and tragic thing that happened in america 12 years ago but do we really need to keep hearing about it? we are british not american. i dont see americans throwing a memorial parade for anything tragic that ever happened in the uk

Christ. Great timing, love.