DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
On 5/8/2018 at 10:03 AM, Bukamania said:

I decided to watch the film 9/11 that was released last year starring Charlie Sheen and Whoopi Goldberg. I may receive some backlash for this but I didn't actually hate this film. I thought it had some decent performances in it and was an easy watch considering the theme of the film.

Although was reminded after watching this film that Charlie Sheen has his own theories on how the Twin Towers went down...

You only need to watch that documentary those French guys did about 9/11 (accidently, it's where the news people get the footage of the first plane going in) if you want to see a film about 9/11. What a heart-pounding thing with all the sounds. It just gets to you. Can't remember it's name. Two French guys. BBC1 used to show it the first couple of years after the disaster.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

3 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

You only need to watch that documentary those French guys did about 9/11 (accidently, it's where the news people get the footage of the first plane going in) if you want to see a film about 9/11. What a heart-pounding thing with all the sounds. It just gets to you. Can't remember it's name. Two French guys. BBC1 used to show it the first couple of years after the disaster.

I will have to give it a watch mate.

• Paid Members

I liked San Andreas, mainly because it had The Rock, Carla Gugino and Alexandra Daddario as the most improbably sexy on screen family ever.  

Faster was fun too, I really liked the Patrick Batemanesque assassin in it, baddies are usually pretty boring in these straight to video action films but he stood out to me. It also has the aforementioned Carla Gugino in it.

I found Baywatch borderline unwatchable though, even the combo of Rocky and Daddario couldn't save that piece of shit.

• Paid Members

Apparently, they've had to cut a lot of gags due to time and them being a bit much.

They apparently cut a scene where Deadpool kills baby Hitler, for example.

Anyway, the director is saying they're doing an extended cut on DVD with the ones that didn't make it.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Greatest thing I've ever seen in my life was Deadpool 2. And I've seen Ronan Keating fall down a flight of stairs into a pub. 

I'm afraid this is one occasion where I won't be acting on a recommendation of yours, Branquey, I'm sure you understand!

I went to see Breaking In and it was exactly as useless as I feared it would be. I'd like to see Gabrielle Union in a decent action / thriller lead but this wasn't it.

I watched Se7en for the first time ever the other night. I thought it was pretty good and surprised myself that I managed to go this long without knowing the kind of twist in it. I found some of the slow bits very slow, but the great bits sure made up for it.

• Paid Members

It was the post credits that folded me.  Absolutely fucking glorious.

Herself though, didn't find any of it the least bit entertaining. Yet she finds 'Let's Get Physical' guffaw inducing, which has made me question the last 15 years,  to the point where I've genuinely considered suggesting mediation of some sort. 

Completely understand D-Mal, this type of stuff isn't your gig. I'm the same with the show 'Atlanta'.   I don't get it...and at nearly 39, I don't have time to. 

Edited by Scott Malbranque