DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Moderators

Finally got around to seeing Death of Stalin last night. I had high expectations going in, and they were met completely. Great script, fantastic cast. With all those big names, it was actually Jason Isaacs who was my favourite as Zhukov.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

35 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Finally got around to seeing Death of Stalin last night. I had high expectations going in, and they were met completely. Great script, fantastic cast. With all those big names, it was actually Jason Isaacs who was my favourite as Zhukov.

Ha, I suggested that to my Disney and Marvel loving girlfriend last night and she said "Do you think I'd be interested in a film called The Death Of Stalin", as I have a tendency to like dull films and documentaries.  I explained how it was an Iannucci joint though so it's added to the list.

• Paid Members

Cockney Stalin is a little bit of genius.

Although my funniest memory of the film wasn't part of the film, but in the cinema. When Stalin died some random turned to her mate and goes "OH! So he did die". The Death of Stalin.

• Paid Members
On 7/13/2018 at 6:21 PM, zep81 said:

gfmhbrvqjapcbig.jpg

The long awaited sequel to Island of the living dead. Y'all seen Aliens the movie, right? Well it's that but with zombies. Almost unapologetically scene for scene. More of the same as Island; Baaaaad dialogue, acting, dubbing with the obvious gore.

#SueForCopyright

Oh, and it features Goldberg's theme music in it too~~~~~!!!!!

Not seen this for years.  Loved it.  Fucking diabolical but loved it!

• Paid Members

When this came out in the Uk, it was heavily cut, but they accidentally released the uncut version first, which was rented and copied immediately.  The bandsaw scene is an amazing display of practical SFX.

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed Hotel Artemis. It's been a good year for brisk action and comedy like that, and we need a lot more of them. It's really great to see Big Dave adding more good films to his roster.

• Paid Members

I really thought Skyscraper delivered 100% on its promise to be a brainless action film with a ridiculously elevated sense of constant peril. It was so stupid but I was on the edge of my seat smiling for most of it so it must've been doing something right.