DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I'm surprised Gene never popped up in one of Shannon's late night flicks.

Aye, that was a bit of a surprise.  You just don't get a good Shannon Tweed like film these days.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Gene Simmons pops up in a few of these dodgy middle 80s action films. Isn't there one he plays a Palestinian terrorist or some strangeness? Sure I've watched that one.

I liked the one with Tom Selleck, think it was Runaway and featured a brilliant Dar Robinson stunt at the end.

Fucking Runaway. I've been suffering nightmares about those mechanical spiders for a bastard quarter century. If you've know me long enough to spend more than a few nights at my house, then you've encountered me waking up screaming and fending off mechanical spiders with my duvet.

• Paid Members

Gene Simmons pops up in a few of these dodgy middle 80s action films. Isn't there one he plays a Palestinian terrorist or some strangeness? Sure I've watched that one.

Wanted Dead or Alive with Rutger Hauer? IIRC correctly it ends with him sticking a hand grenade in Simmons' mouth & pulling out the pin. Quality.

Fucking Runaway. I've been suffering nightmares about those mechanical spiders for a bastard quarter century

Another tape that I rinsed as a kid. Everyone remembers the spiders but the bullets that went round corners were by far the coolest bit.

• Paid Members

Having a 6 year old son I've seen a lot of shite films. Was all set for another yesterday when we went with my 4 year old niece to see Trolls. Wow, I was blown away. Hands down the second best animated thingy film I've ever seen, just behind Toy Story.

Balls. Just convinced my wiiiiiife to that I would stay home with our 2 year old so she takes my daughter fearing it would be pony.

Speaking of animated films, we watched Sausage Party last night. I found it hilarious, she cringed at parts (wife, no kids were awake)

• Awards Moderator

I'm glad there was a hit adult animated film because it's a genre I'm up for seeing more of but I really thought sausage party needed to be funnier.

I liked the massive orgy but that was pretty much it

I'd add

the Meat Loaf scene to that, that got a good laugh out of me

But overall I didn't like Sausage Party much. I laughed a few times but it seemed too reliant on the idea that swearing is hilarious.

I watched the latest Paranormal Activity on Sky last night and what utter dog shit.

Every film in the series gets shitter and shitter. Can't believe someone is still signing off on these because who the hell is paying to watch these?