WWE Elimination Chamber 2013

Arch Stanton

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

As usual, I'm late to the thread and everyone's said tons already, so I'll keep it brief. I loved almost everything on this show. The US title match, in particular, was Miz's finest moment in a long time. The World title match was fun, The Shield were ace, Menry tore shit up in the chamber to the point where I wasn't even disappointed with him losing, Rock/Punk was easily-swallowed sports entertainment goodness. Thumbs way up.

Does anyone think they'll bother to explain/reveal why Vince was so willing to make the (daft) stipulation for this match?

I'm pretty sure Heyman said he'd do anything to get the stip changed, so I can only imagine he'll be joining the 'kiss my ass' club when Vince gets back, or something equally as 2000ish.

Shock win for The Shield against Team Sell No (credit to whoever came up with that meme on Facebook). Really didn't see them winning with Cena heading in to the Mania main event and The Shield just seem to have been filling time on Raw rather than doing anything meaningful.

Bit late but some of us didn't have the luxury of a day off to be up all night and checking here. Not only were the early MITB's not brand specific, they even have to be for the top title on either brand

Was anyone else expecting Lesnar to attack Punk in the match to get Rock disqualified?

Just a quick questiuon regarding the pre-show,is there a reason they've split up Team Rhodes Scholars?Did they lose a match that mandated the split that I missed.Just wondering.

Del Rio Vs Big Show was another enjoyable match between the two.I've surprised myself at how much i'm enjoying Del Rio as a face but he's been great in the role since making the switch.

I reckon I could watch Cesaro wrestle all night long.He's crisp as fuck in the ring and looks good whilst doing it.

As much as I despaired when I heard that they'd changed Swagger's music I was soon brought right back up when it kicked in.It's really good isn't it?Really suits the new character aswell.I thought the EC match was great.Mark Henry was tjhe man of the match if not the night.He looked like an absolute beast as he tore through everybody in the Chamber.Even the fans that didn't seem that bothered as he was about to exit his pod were rapturous as he was leaving the ring.Swagger Vs Del Rio has the potential to a good Mania match.

Tensai was funny in that little bit with Clay backstage.The return of the Hip Hop Hippo can only be around the corner.

Kaitlyn Vs Tamina wasn't that bad.They tried but it's obvious the division and the belt mean sweet FA.As much as she looks like her father i'd still give Tamina one.Although i'm probably alone or in the minority on that one.

The six man match was fantastic.Match of the night for me by a fair margain.The Shield are brilliant as a team and work great together.WWE deserve credit for sticking by them.They looked like gods after last nights match.

At least Ziggler got a match.That and Kingston got beaten and flattened afterwards.

Main event was good although I think I prefered the Rumble match between the two.

Overall I thought it was a very good PPV and a good final PPV stop before Mania.Henry and The Shield were the stars of the event.

• Paid Members
Butch - hallicks is an idiot. Show has been fantastic for ages but he was particularly good last year.

I've actually got a lot of time for Show, and in the 8 months I've been back into it, he's been ok. But to say he's been fantastic seems like over-egging the goose somewhat.

He has been. He had the most worthless heel turn ever and managed to make it work and get over as a heel, which he should never be able to do at this stage of his career and following so many turns in the past. Not only that but to have the absolute blinders also at this stage of his career and at his weight and with how banged up he is, over the last couple of years with Bryan, Menry and Sheamus is incredible. He was superb in his feud with Menry/Bryan. And Sheamus was floundering a bit in his feud with Del Rio, which also hurt Del Rio. He's done absolute wonders for the both of them. He's an incredible asset and so very under-rated.

• Paid Members
Team Sell No (credit to whoever came up with that meme on Facebook).

Whoever came up with that is an unfunny cunt.

Cena in particular deserves a lot of credit for letting The Shield dominate and even toy with him a little during that match.

Precisely. And Ryback sells too much, if anything.

Decent show last night

Del Rio Vs Show was as good as their other matches,time for Del Rio to move on though

The U.S Title match was ok...not much more i can add to that

Now the Chamber match

It was good but wasnt as good as other Chamber matches from previous years i feel

Jericho was great last night but i still dont care to see him,Kane and Bryan played their part in the match very well

I agree with Short Order Cook about the looks Kane was giving Bryan whilst in the pod,its little things like that you remember.

Orton was Orton.nothing wrong with that ,it just wasnt great.

Henry was the Don last night,he tore shit up

Was great to see him get a standing ovation as he exited the Chamber

One thing though,Swagger im not too sure about if people give a shit about his new direction and im firmly in the camp that would have prefered to see Henry Vs Del Rio at Mania

I guess im not sold on Swagger just yet,even tho Dutch is sweet.

The 6 man tag was a great action packed match,not quite as good as the last 6 man the Sheid was involved in but still.

Ryback is fucked now,Sheamus should have took the loss last night

Main event was fine,really got in to the last 5 minutes or so

All in all a decent show gefore the big One

Not a bad show on the whole, but not too great either.

Del Rio/Show was a pretty good opener and Del Rio seems to be growing on the crowd as a face.

Cesaro/Miz was fine. Cesaro is very good in the ring, but I don't think his gimmick/character does anything for him and he could easily be a main event talent with the right material on the mic (amongst other tweeks here and there).

The Chamber match was entertaining, with all six wrestlers involved looking good. Not sure where the losers of the chamber go from here (Kane/Bryan, Y2J/Ziggler and Orton/Sheamus have all been suggested, but none of them really scream great feuds or interesting match-ups). Swagger looked better than he has looked since he returned (or at least as good as he has looked), but Del Rio/Swagger as a match does not feel like a main event of a Wrestlemania.

The 6 man tag was great and the Shield are the best thing going in wrestling at the moment, but I don't know what WWE will do with the Shield in the next few weeks or at Mania. Evolution idea would be great, but HHH/Lesnar prevents that really. If WWE can find something good for the Shield at Mania and their momentum continues, then I can see Cena/Reigns 1-on-1 before the end of 2013.

The womens match was what it was. They need to bring in about a handful of new divas though if they want to keep the division going.

Main event was a little disappointing. Not a bad match as such and Rock & Punk both did fine, but as someone has already said the Rumble match was much better and there felt more at stake.

I really can't think of many worse Wrestlemania title feuds than Del Rio vs. Swagger. Fucking hell, they have Menry and Ryback seemingly directionless, and Swagger is number 1 contender? Ok, maybe Ryback isn't completely directionless, but I'd persuaded myself he'd be challenging for the World Title a while back and I still want that to happen somehow.

The rest was decent though. The Shield are quality. Another Kofi/Ziggler match isn't.

Haven't read any of the other comments in here yet, but just finished watching the show.

Swagger winning was a surprise - obviously he's the best fit for a match with Del Rio, but I thought the gimmick could do with settling in before going straight to world title feud status. Still, fair play to them for giving it a good go. Henry looked great in defeat!

The six-man was a good scrap, The Shield look like a great team always maintaining a numbers advantage even in fair fights. Definitely didn't see that ending coming! I thought if The Shield won, it'd be Sheamus taking the fall. It made me laugh though, Ryback is such a chump. They've fucked him good and proper again. He's like the main-event version of Zack Ryder this time last year. No doubt it's Evil Vince punishing talent that get themselves over. There's not even any point building to him getting his revenge now, he's knackered.

I liked the thing with Brodus and Tensai and the figures. They remind me of one of the low-level attitude era comedy team, like Head Cheese.

I didn't mind Kofi vs Ziggler, for some reason. The only thing that annoyed me was Lawler's "Kofi going for the spin kick" when Kofi was going for the back elbow in the same sequence he's done in nearly every match for about five years. Kofi has even stopped wearing the terrible grey pants!

The main event didn't grab me, none of Rock's matches since he came back have done much for me. I've liked his speeches more the last few weeks, but I'm still not into him. His punches are magnificent though! I thought the ending was good, I was still half-expecting Lesnar, but I knew really we weren't getting the millionth round of Cena vs Punk at WrestleMania. Punk did make me laugh with the piss-take before dropping the elbow.

• Paid Members

I thought the whole thing was fucking great! There wasn't a single match I didn't enjoy something out of. I honestly can't remember a show that I've liked all the way through before. Nothing was a classic per say, but nothing really sucked either. Even the divas match was short but sweet!

I'm totally sold on Del Rio as a babyface. Show also doesn't get nearly enough credit for his ability to have consistently good matches now. They complimented each other brilliantly. I get the impression that some workers don't quite know how to change up their offence when going up against a man of Show's size. In Del Rio's case, he adapted it and Show reciprocated by bumping for him like a maverick. The botch was unfortunate, it happens, but this was a totally enjoyable opener that set the tone for what was to come.

Fuck all wrong with Miz/Big Cess, especially from the former. Great psychology throughout and some sweet technical exchanges. The finish sets up a rematch date, so no qualms there. These two are great together.

Elimination Chamber was excellent, all 6 men deserve credit. Kane and Bryan's antics never fail to amuse, Jericho looked great from start to finish, Orton looked to have finally got some of his edge back, Menry SMASHED anything with a pulse, and Swagger came through it smelling of roses. Loved it.

The Shield have arrived. Properly, properly arrived. You can do all the three on one ambushes you want, but THIS is how you book 'em strongly. The hornets comparison was spot on and boy have they got some stamina, because not once did they let up. They actually made the three babyfaces work their nuts off just to keep up with them. T'riffic.

I could hear Pity's screams of agony when Kofi came out for the match with Dolph, but I could watch Dolph spalt all over the canvas all day, and Kofi is a good foil for him in that respect.

Kaitlyn/Tamina was short and snappy with a logical conclusion: Tamina's front is going to be fooked after missing the splash, so the spear would always do the job. A bit heat-less, but now they've got more ammunition for a rematch. The divas division needs help in terms of the booking and promotional side, but it's not too late to save it.

As for Rock/Punk, I'm just going to copy what I wrote for another site:

First, Punk has really raised the bar since the turn of the year. Over the last seven days in particular, he's taken a match with a totally predictable result and added some scorching heat to it. He's taken The Rock's belt, he's slapped him, he's spat in his FACE, and he's been knocking him around with a renewed vigour. To Rock's credit, he bumped like an absolute trooper for Punk and worked his knackers off to not only keep up with him, but to make him look like a star. It takes two: Two to make the match and two to make the feud. In the roundtable I mentioned how predictability is all part of the fun sometimes. This was one of those times. The ref incidents at the end added to the drama and the big win was nicely concluded. Rock did his best to make Punk look like a big star, and Punk duly reciprocated. In both kayfabe and real terms, he took Dwayne to the absolute limit. Top, top match.

- Swagger's new music is amazing

- Henry was incredible in the chamber, would have had him win but he still looked like an absolute beast

- Kudos to WWE, because 6 months ago a Jack Swagger vs Alberto Del Rio feud/match would have made me gouge my eyes out but i'm actually looking forward to it panning out, so fair play on that. Getting quite into the new Swagger but could easily still go down the pan

- I was initially bewildered at Ryback losing, but the crowds are clearly still into him and he's not been pinned every PPV so him finally beating The Shield on the big stage sounds like a good idea to me.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed the show overall.

Rio/Show was a really good match but after Del Rio slipped on the ropes it was fucking knackered basically. A shame really but these things sometimes happen. Great performances from both men. I find it really easy to get behind Alberto, he's a natural in ring babyface.

Miz/Cesaro was also good, nice and short too and I liked the finish. Cesaro catching Miz mid air from a leap frog and twisting him into a shoulder breaker was sweet.

I struggled to get into the chamber match. I loved it when Mark Henry got in and after he was eliminated I lost interest. I hope they have something special planned for Henry at WM. Henry/Del Rio would have been a much better fued and match than Swagger(who is fucking shit)/Rio.

The Shield 6 man was fucking spectacular. The Shield have only had two matches and they are two of my favorite matches ever. Just a perfect match, full of characters, story, violent action, personality and all the small touches that make a match special. I'm not bothered about Ryback losing as I see him finally getting the big win at WM.

Kofi/Ziggler and the divas matches I skipped, because who really gives a fuck.

Punk put in a great performance last night. His massive loogie onto The Rock's forehead was brilliantly disgusting. I enjoyed the match alot and Heyman was wonderful at ringside. I wasn't hot on the finish but I really hope we get Cena/Punk/Rock at WM in a 3 way. That just interests me so much more and there are alot more storyline and potentially exciting angles they could get out of it on the way to WM. The match would probably be better too. I feel like Punk's earnt a spot in the top match at WM. Cena/Rock will be just the same old shit as last year.

And finally, the commentary was so crap last night. They were even worse than at the Rumble. I wish Vince would get back to the gorilla position and start yelling in their ear pieces calling them useless cunts again.

Archived