WWE Elimination Chamber 2013

Arch Stanton

Only a small thing but did anyone here what Punk said to JBL during the main event? sounded like 'no disrespect' then JBL gave him a thumbs up? Just thought it was a bit odd

Looked to me like he was shaping up to put Rock through a table and told JBL to move his hat. Those things aren't cheap!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Finally finished watching the show last night. I thought it was a decent PPV overall, thoroughly enjoyable.

Del Rio VS Big Show was a very good opener. Still amazed how easily Del Rio seems to have adapted to being face (especially as there wasn

It was a good show. Enjoyed it. The big matches were all good and that is what you want. The Chamber match was fun and Henry was fantastic in it, the six man tag was great and Punk and Rock put on a nice rematch.

Not sure how excited I am for Wrestlemania compared to previous years though. Del Rio/Swagger certainly isn't exactly my first choice for a World Title match, the Swagger push has been ridiculously rushed again and to be honest, I just find it hard to take him seriously. Hopefully they come up with something.

Just a couple of things that I hadn't seen mentioned.

- Loved Big E getting flattened by Kofi's dive.

- Also laughed heavily at the editing of the hype video for Punk vs. Rock with Punk's 'champion! Champion! Champion!' going in time with the music.

- How many times are they going to do that bloody barricade spot? I've seen people say it was great, but for me it lost the effect it should have because it's been done to death. I didn't see Lillian nearly get trampled though so maybe that's where I'm missing out.

I think Roman Reigns is alright, but I don't see him as a star like a lot of people do on here. He looks like he's come from the set of a sci fi show to me. He also reminds me of Metallica's bass guitarist Robert Trujillo.

Seth Rollins has grown on me. I couldn't for the life of me understand why WWE would sign him but he's done his job well. He's matching Dean Ambrose for me. I fear that once The Shield ends, they'll stick him in some trunks and I won't give a shit about him though. Saying that, he looks quite sloppy and dangerous on some things. I like the illusion of something being reckless in wrestling, but there were times I thought he looked sloppy. Overall, great match and really didn't see the win coming. Chuffed about that.

Still had no idea about a lot of people for Mania after the event as opposed to last year.

• Moderators
I think Roman Reigns is alright, but I don't see him as a star like a lot of people do on here. He looks like he's come from the set of a sci fi show to me. He also reminds me of Metallica's bass guitarist Robert Trujillo.

Hah. I think my first comment when I saw him was that he looked like Lorenzo Lamas.

But still, he's a big bad muh fucker, and he does that convincingly.

• Paid Members

With Reigns, I see him as a bit of a "project" for WWE to work with. At the moment, his look and wrestling are both spot on, his natural charisma doesn't seem to be as good as either Rollins or Ambrose, but I can still see him easily taking a mid card belt on his current merits alone.

Personally, after previously wondering why they hired him (based on his look alone), I think It's Ambrose who will be the future main event player. Rollins is decent, who I can see if the upper/mid card, but Ambrose takes it for me

• Paid Members

How long had we been wondering what they were going to do with Ambrose, about a year and a half wasn't it? Everyone kept saying that Triple H wasn't putting him onto the main roster or NXT until he had the right thing for him, as they were really high on him. But who would've predicted a start to his WWE career like this? Picking up team wins over Cena, Sheamus, Ryback, Daniel Bryan, Kane & Jericho in his first three matches. All whilst looking like a collective unstoppable machine with two other guys.

Just watched the show this morning and thought it was a good show overall.

* Show/Del Rio was another solid showing from both men, apart from Del Rio ballsing up that bucket-kick spot.

* Miz/Cesaro was a decent enough match but I didnt like the finish, thought it looked stupid. Could have played on Miz's shoulder injury by having Cesaro have him to submit to something like the Rings of Saturn, which have added something else to his arsenal as I don't like the Neutralizer as a finish.

* Really enjoyed the chamber match and was actually surprised by having Swagger win it and he put in a decent innings. Same with Jericho, another 30 minutes plus from him. The interaction between Bryan and Kane was good again, building to their inevitable break-up, and henry was awesome while he was in there too.

* The 6 man tag was also good fun, and I while i wasn't surprised to see The Shield win, which I'm happy they did, I was surprised to see Ryback to the pin. Obviously, Cena wasn't going to as he needs to kept strong going into the main event at Wrestlemania and I figured that they would be wanting to get some kind of momentum back for Ryback so I figured the best person to take the pinfall would be Sheamus as it would then give Shield a little bit of a brag about getting the pinfall on a 3 time World time champion (rather than nearly-man Ryback).

* Ziggler/Kofi - Wasn't really fussed either way with this, just saw it as an excuse to remind people that Ziggler has MITB. And I couldn't help but think that Big E looks like somekind of 'Black-Taz' in that singlet. Wasnt bad, but nothing memorable either

* Divas match was a divas match, and that all I've got to say about that.

* Punk vs. Rock was another enjoyable match but it was hard to get too excited about as the result was never in question.

As for where they go from here,

Obviously Rock vs Cena II is set.

Regarding Punk's proposed match vs. Undertaker -Online reports keep going on about Undertaker's status being up in the air and he hasn't made his mind up about whether or not hes going to work Wrestlemania. If hes not good enough to go now, he won't be in 6 weeks time. So what else could Punk do? You could go with one of two things

1) Personally, I would go with an 8 man tag pitting Punk and the Shield vs. Ryback, Sheamus and Team Hell No. Gets all 8 men on the card and you don't have to come up with a massive backstory. Ryback, Sheamus and Hell No all have been beat up by the Shield at some point over the last couple of months and they simply want to give them an arsekicking. Punk slots right into the match after paying The Shield to interfere in the match at Royal Rumble. You can even work in the Hell No breakup by having them lose the match through some kind of miscommunication

2) With Backlund and Sammartino going into the HOF, have Punk continue to brag about his record title run and how its a bigger achievement (in this day and age) than what they did in their era, leading to some kind of match between Punk and Backlund (who can still put on some kind of match) with Sammartino in his corner. Obviously, this is just me spouting some kind of idea, not saying its any good or not

Hah. I think my first comment when I saw him was that he looked like Lorenzo Lamas.

But still, he's a big bad muh fucker, and he does that convincingly.

Yes! Initially I thought he reminded me of something from Stargate, but you're right. I had to Google to make certain that's the guy from Renegade and, having done so, have found out his character's surname was Raines.

Now to watch that intro again.

Archived