WWE Elimination Chamber 2013

Arch Stanton

• Moderators

Why is he the man though? I'd aspire to be like Mark Henry, I'd hate to be like CM Punk. Would you rather be a badarse bison plowing through everyone? Or a moaner who looks like he's been living in the bins behind Iceland? Which one's "the man" there? Mark Henry's more like "the man", and that's why he's cooler.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is he the man though? I'd aspire to be like Mark Henry, I'd hate to be like CM Punk. Would you rather be a badarse bison plowing through everyone? Or a moaner who looks like he's been living in the bins behind Iceland? Which one's "the man" there? Mark Henry's more like "the man", and that's why he's cooler.

You'd aspire to be on a fucking episode of Bulls Eye so it's not really saying much. Just because Mark Henry is black, doesn't automatically make him cool, you fucking racist.

• Paid Members

You'd aspire to be on a fucking episode of Bulls Eye so it's not really saying much. Just because Mark Henry is black, doesn't automatically make him cool, you fucking racist.

Just because CM Punk's got japanese moves doesn't make him cool either

• Moderators

I'd love to be on Bullseye. You're guaranteed a win of at least

Just because CM Punk's got japanese moves doesn't make him cool either

Of course it does. Punk has great moves, what moves does Henry have? He's worse than Cena!

That 6 man was just spectacular. I don't watch much weekly tv so i don't know a whole lot about them, but the Shield are just so neat and interesting as a unit, and they play the role perfectly - rabid, menacing, unpredictable and orchestrated. It's cool to see them booked so strongly as a team and their style feels really fresh. It's unfortunate in some ways that there's inevitably only going to be so much mileage in their act as they probably won't be as interesting as individuals. Great match. loved the frantic nature of it, the shield's pack mentality, the surprise result (to me), and some cracking (non-contrived) spots.

Can be arsed saying much about the rest of the show. Inoffensive but forgettable. Both midcard matches were ok, the chamber was a bit crap apart from Henry - and seriously lacking in star power, and the main event was a bit of a chore.

It feels a bit weird for there to be so little set in stone for Wrestlemania at such a relatively late stage. You'd have to imagine that if Taker doesn't appear tonight, he can almost be ruled out too.

• Paid Members
Punk has great moves

His main ones pillaged from another wrestler, mind you. His whole in ring performance is based around the fact he's watched Japanese wrestling. I agree, some of his moves, look the business, but in fairness to Butch, Henry looks like he'd pure rip your lips off and shove them up your bollocks.

Butch - hallicks is an idiot. Show has been fantastic for ages but he was particularly good last year.

I've actually got a lot of time for Show, and in the 8 months I've been back into it, he's been ok. But to say he's been fantastic seems like over-egging the goose somewhat.

This feud with Del Rio jumped the shark for me with the gunging. I know Smackdown is the kids show, but it felt uncomfortably like Noel's House Party. What next, grab-a-grand with the Prime Time Players? Millions of groats, Millions of groats.

• Awards Moderator

Forgot to say in my earlier post that I can imagine the WWE Title match at Mania becoming a Triple Threat with Punk after last night. Seems fitting in a way, and would be a great match.

Also, one other thing - did anyone else think JBL was a bit off last night? I still enjoyed listening to him but at times it seems he was contradicting the other two purely for the sake of being contrary.

Really enjoyable show. The one negative that came out of it for me is Swagger getting in the title picture again. Colter or no Colter, the guy is useless.

Miz vs Cesaro was a top little match, even the ending. Miz has made a great bumbling idiot for the last couple of months but he more than held his own in this match with a decent spunky babyface performance. Cesaro was as solid and as boring as usual. Both guys could have done without a loss here so I'm glad they went with a BS ending that got a laugh - out of me anyway.

I'm not someone who usually gets all hot and bothered about Menry but he looked like a fucking STAR in the EC match.

The Six man was even better then I hoped. The Shield are my favourite thing in the wwe so, yeah, I marked out a bit with THAT end. Tremendous storytelling in that match. Somebody up thread said Cena was rubbish in this match, what were you watching? He was great doing the face in peril thing. The ending with the tease of the synchronised supermen finishers being cut off with Reign's spear was quality. Rollin's seemed like the week link in the team to me before but he seems to be getting it now personality wise. The only thing I didn't like was Ryback taking the pin. He's fucked ain't he? Surely this has to lead to something new with his character - which was hinted at at the end. They didn't bother pushing him as a silent assassin so they might as well flesh him out personality wise.

Where do Shield go from here though? Surely EVOLUTION is the only answer?

Main was good enough, certainly better then the RR match. They did a much better job of protecting Punk in this match with the visual fall and all that. It makes me think they're gonna end up slotting Punk into the WM main, which I'm apathetic about either way. Heyman was hilarious with the "You got a 1! Yes, now 2 and a half!" nonsense.

Does anyone think they'll bother to explain/reveal why Vince was so willing to make the (daft) stipulation for this match?

Also, one other thing - did anyone else think JBL was a bit off last night? I still enjoyed listening to him but at times it seems he was contradicting the other two purely for the sake of being contrary.

JBL's been pretty bad since he returned. Especially on Smackdown, where he doesn't let up he pure contempt for Josh Matthews or whatever his name is (which is fair enough I guess).

• Paid Members
JBL's been pretty bad since he returned. Especially on Smackdown, where he doesn't let up he pure contempt for Josh Matthews or whatever his name is (which is fair enough I guess).

Have to agree, I'm a huge APA and JBL fan, and lately I'm finding my toes curling listening to him. It's akin to the Lawler/Striker sitch, only Bradshaw comes off a pr!ck most of the time when he's caning Matthews.

I quite like Matthews to be honest. I find him harmless and easy to listen to. He can have some shitters, but I've heard much worse on the headsets.

Archived