WWE Elimination Chamber 2013

Arch Stanton

• Paid Members
No Barratt on the card. His current gimmick is a complete bust. He'll be midcard all year at this rate.

Imagine that, the Intercontinental Champion in the mid-card.

Is it just me or does anyone think Ziggler will cash in the briefcase against the WWE title rather than the WHC.

It's just you, and you don't think it'll happen, you just want it to happen.

Yeah I know its supposed to be the latter but it wouldn't be surprising given how Vince likes to throw curve balls at the Universe. Just imagine Ziggy running in after Rock retains tonight. Would love to see this.

He doesn't really, though, does he? The only thing like that he's ever done is when Batista came out and nicked the title off Cena a few years ago, which this'd basically be a pointless rehash of. They're clearly building Cena vs Rock for the title, and Ziggler vs Jericho, for Wrestlemania. If Vince McMahon decides to throw a curveball here, he's the worst businessman in the world. And he's not, so he won't.

And where does Punk go after tonight, who does he get at Mania or is it burial time!

He'll get something decent at Wrestlemania. If Undertaker's not making it back, Punk won't be in anything resembling the main event, but you don't have a guy hold the title for a year and a bit if you're gonna just bury him afterwards. They're doing everything they can to get him to change his mind about packing it in when he's 35, so he'll get a decent storyline he can get his teeth into.

As for Ryback, I'd love to see him turn heel tonight and join the shield. He's going no where fast as a face especially on Raw and it will be a pointless exercise anyway when Cena gets the title back.(Though Cena doesn't need it).

What will be a pointless exercise? Ryback being built up as a top face? Can you only have one main-event face now? There's plenty of room for face Ryback. Heck, even if you wanted to feud him with Cena, you don't need to turn him. And him joining the Shield would be a more pointless exercise than anything else. They don't need him, he doesn't need them, there's plenty for them to do without each other and it would make absolutely no sense at all.

As for Cena not needing the title, that's about the only accurate thing you've said. However, the title needs him. We saw that much last year. If they ever want the WWE Championship to mean anything again, they have to put it in the biggest match on the card. If Joe Mainstream buys Wrestlemania and sees the top guy in the company battling the on-and-off returning megastar for that belt, that belt means something. Sure, we end up with John Cena as WWE Champion, which we've seen before, but it's not just an on-paper deal. The context makes this reign a million times more important. The WWE Championship is exactly where it needs to be, and it's going exactly where it needs to go. I hope Ryback wins it later in the year. I really do. But right now, Rock vs Cena is the best place for it. Surely if you're in the Ryback camp, you'd like to see him win a belt that means something?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really looking forward to this.

Gonna stick my bets on soon, Really unsure who will win the Chamber, Could be any of Menry, Swagger, Jericho or Orton. The match should really deliver aswell.

Rock/Punk, 6 man and Del Rio/Show all have potential aswell.

Id like to personally see Jericho win the chamber and Ziggler cashing MITB tonight so we get Jericho/Ziggler at Mania.

No Barratt on the card. His current gimmick is a complete bust. He'll be midcard all year at this rate.

Is it just me or does anyone think Ziggler will cash in the briefcase against the WWE title rather than the WHC. Yeah I know its supposed to be the latter but it wouldn't be surprising given how Vince likes to throw curve balls at the Universe. Just imagine Ziggy running in after Rock retains tonight. Would love to see this.

And where does Punk go after tonight, who does he get at Mania or is it burial time!

As for Ryback, I'd love to see him turn heel tonight and join the shield. He's going no where fast as a face especially on Raw and it will be a pointless exercise anyway when Cena gets the title back.(Though Cena doesn't need it).

There's no way they'll have Ziggler be allowed to cash in on the WWE Title, right now there's enough stories surrounding it anyway. They're going to have Cena and The Rock battle for it at WrestleMania so that the stakes are up from last year and I'm certain Cena is winning to get revenge and take the Title whilst he's at it setting up 2013 to be his year. As well as that Punk is mixed in with this wanting to get "his" Title back as he feels he was screwed over for it, you have Ryback who will still have his sights set on it and The Shield are mixed into all of this with their fight against injustice which involves all of the wrestlers who are involved with the Title. Adding Ziggler to the mix makes it even more of a cluster but having him do his own thing away from the World Title picture will allow him to make a shock cash in and win. Ziggler's current Money in the Bank run reminds me a lot of Miz's from a couple of years ago, he pretty much allowed people to forget he had it whilst flaunting it about to the ring, people were wondering when he'd cash in but his feuds also meant they weren't totally focused on the briefcase. Ziggler has done quite a similar thing by feuding with Cena, turning on Vickie and having AJ be his girlfriend and then bringing in Big E as his bodyguard. He's kept everyone interested in him, having blinding matches and feuds and keeping himself very high in storylines but this has made the briefcase seem more of an accessory. By not appearing on tonight's card it just makes me feel that maybe he could cash in tonight, Jericho vs Ziggler at WrestleMania for the World Title? But also you could argue by not being on the card it alerts fans that there may be something happening, if he was wrestling earlier in the night then it may just make fans assume he's busy in a feud but at the moment the two guys he was feuding with are both on the card and he isn't.

Either way I'm sure they're happy having him spice up the World Title picture and leave the WWE Title alone as it's got enough stories surrounding it as it is. Hopefully they will go with the Ziggler and Jericho World Title match at WrestleMania. Could even do a double bluff and not have him appear tonight only to cash in on Raw tomorrow.

Looking forward to the show. The Chamber match is fairly unpredicatable, which is good. I'd say it's fairly certain that Del Rio will win his match. I don't think Orton will be winning, and I think we'll get Ryback vs. either Henry or Big Show at Mania, so I don't think Henry will win. It has to be Jericho vs a cashing in tonight Ziggler at Mania, or Swagger vs. Del Rio at Mania, with Ziggler/Jericho non title. Kane vs. Bryan is surely on for Mania, so don't imagine either of them are in with any chance. I'm sure The Rock will win, but you never know....could be a 3 way at Mania with Punk/Cena/Rock, with Punk winning tonight. I doubt it, but you never know. Hopefully Miz and Tamina don't win, I doubt they will. Should be a good show any way, and we can at least start getting an idea of what's gonna be on at Mania - and it's on Sky Sports, which always makes a show better.

• Paid Members
Id like to personally see Jericho win the chamber and Ziggler cashing MITB tonight so we get Jericho/Ziggler at Mania.

Not unlikely, although part of me thinks they wouldn't go this close to a Wrestlemania cash-in and not go for it. I'm thinking perhaps a cash-in on Jericho at Wrestlemania, setting up the feud-ender at Extreme Rules. But then again, would that mean Jericho/Big Show, leaving Del Rio out in the cold and giving us a fairly weak World Champ going into Wrestlemania? Or Jericho/Del Rio, with the smart-arse quick-talking babyface against the firey do-it-for-the-people babyface? Neither of those make sense. Maybe Ziggler's going to announce a cash-in. I dunno. Lots of options.

• Paid Members

I'm not sure quite where Ziggler will fit into the title picture. Del Rio should be beating Show tonight to finish that off. I think the sensible pick for that title at Mania is to have Henry win the chamber quite handily and then challenge Del Rio at Mania. Orton is bound to turn heel soon, but I guess he may well be chasing after Cena post-Mania.

With Jack Swagger's new deal it just seems like he may be facing Del Rio at some point in the not too distant future. But then he may start with Rey Mysterio, holding off on a program with Del Rio for a while. It may end up that Del Rio beats Henry at Mania, loses the belt to him at the next PPV, beats him on the one after, and then Ziggler cashes in after that match. I'm still undecided whether he will even win.

Despite how well Jericho is performing in the ring, I have zero interest in seeing him in the title picture at the minute.

I was just going to post about the Sky Bet one as they don't normally do WWE. I'd be tempted to go with Swagger just because I think WWE might be reluctant to put Jericho in a title match 2 years running at Mania especially when another part timer has the main event slot for the second year running.

• Paid Members

Jericho doesn't need to win the Chamber or be in the title picture. I'm not saying he won't win it, or that I would be unhappy if he did, but I would be surprised. He'll be the workhorse in the match, along with Bryan. I'd put money on those two kicking the match off.

In under a week they have brought Swagger back from a long hiatus and managed to build him up to look a genuine threat in this match, which personally I am delighted about. I don't think anybody saw this coming. I'd say he looked the most likely winner if it wasn't for the fact that they brought another big heel back recently even stronger than Swagger. Henry is the man with the most momentum going in. He's my pick to win it.

• Paid Members

Here's a thought - Menry wins the Chamber, Ziggler vs Jericho is booked for Wrestlemania. Menry destroys Del Rio in the opener but goes down to an Eddie cheat-2-win gimmick, Ziggler cashes in on the battered Del Rio then defends the title against Jericho later in the night, retains it, and gets to brag about doing the first Wrestlemania cash-in and being in two title matches in one night. If it happens, I called it.

• Paid Members
Is it just me or does anyone think Ziggler will cash in the briefcase against the WWE title rather than the WHC.

It's just you, and you don't think it'll happen, you just want it to happen.

Not even that really. The case is blue for a reason. It's for the smackdown belt

• Paid Members

Yeah but WWE can completely forget about that at any given moment. All it needs as some excuse, Vickie could reveal she brokered a deal with whoever in charge that the briefcase can be cashed in for any title. They can (and often) make shit up to fit in with a planned angle.

Archived