WWE Elimination Chamber 2013

Arch Stanton

• Paid Members

I believe in The Shield. That 6 man was about 500 tonnes of awesome, absolutely fucking loved it. The whole show left me suitably pumped for 'Mania but I'm particularly all over that 6 man and The Shield, but I'm well into the baby face guys too. I love how everything involving them just feels so chaotic. I wasn't sure on Rollins initially, but I've really taken to him now and particularly enjoyed him last night. I still think Ambrose is over-rated by some but I don't dislike him and Reigns is a beast and has heaps and heaps of potential. They're a fucking marvelous combination and blend. Enjoying everything about them right now, don't know what they'll have at 'Mania though.

Adored the finish of that match too, in fact the match is my favourite match since Show-Sheamus at Hell in a Cell probably. The babyface guys all just look the fucking business. The aftermath made me feel as though Ryback and Sheamus may dabble with Cena post-Mania. Not sure what they've got at 'Mania either but I'd love to see Menry and Ryback knock the shit out of each other. Menry looked total boss there, as you'd expect. Handled beautifully. Last year Jerichos return added nothing to WrestleMania and I'd even say perhaps took away from it. This year though bringing back Menry and Jericho in time for 'Mania and them being pretty on has helped bring some much needed over talent to load the show.

I don't mind Swagger and Del Rio working each other, but it doesn't at all feel WrestleMania World title match worthy. I can really see Ziggler cashing in at WrestleMania now and I'd quite like to see that.

Butch - hallicks is an idiot. Show has been fantastic for ages but he was particularly good last year.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I genuinely lol'd at the part I've bolded. I understand people aren't fans of CM Punk on here, but to say Mark Henry is a better heel than him is ludicrous. Do you actually beleve that, or are you ripping the piss?

He's right though. You show wrestling to an average adult- they will think Henry is cool because he's a big, bad, arse-kicking motherfucker. That is cool. They will look at Punk and think skinny, whiny, alternative gimp. He didn't say Henry is a better heel (though he may well think that), he said Menry is a cooler heel than Punk. Which is completely true.

• Moderators
I genuinely lol'd at the part I've bolded. I understand people aren't fans of CM Punk on here, but to say Mark Henry is a better heel than him is ludicrous. Do you actually beleve that, or are you ripping the piss?

I said cooler, read it. Massive superstrong trash talking badarses are inherently cooler than skinny fat whingers.

• Paid Members
And it's little things like that which make a wrestler, and especially Mark Henry, great. There's more to a wrestler's shtick than crisp moves and being athletic. Banging on the pod like a caged angry beast when you've got that killer gimmick means so so much.

Yeah it makes a big difference the others could of done something not coping Henry but they just stood there , I mean Kane is supposed to be a monster and wanted to headline wrestlemania for the first time in 15 years I want to see something not just a 1000 yard stare

Nah, I don't agree with that. I 100% agree with the little things comments in the last few posts and Kane is actually great at that. I thought his looks and expressions with D-Bry while in the pod were spot on and that's what his current story is all about.

He's right though. You show wrestling to an average adult- they will think Henry is cool because he's a big, bad, arse-kicking motherfucker. That is cool. They will look at Punk and think skinny, whiny, alternative gimp. He didn't say Henry is a better heel (though he may well think that), he said Menry is a cooler heel than Punk. Which is completely true.

A cool heel? So he's not a heel then? He's the bad acting good guy in the mould of Steve Austin. Also, if Punk's a "whiny, alternative gimp" and people don't like him, is he not doing his job well as a heel then? He can back it up in the ring as well, so in essence he's an unlikeable heel (perish the thought) who can actually have fantastic matches. Something Mark Henry cannot do.

• Paid Members
A cool heel? So he's not a heel then? He's the bad acting good guy in the mould of Steve Austin. Also, if Punk's a "whiny, alternative gimp" and people don't like him, is he not doing his job well as a heel then? He can back it up in the ring as well, so in essence he's an unlikeable heel (perish the thought) who can actually have fantastic matches. Something Mark Henry cannot do.

I'm not so sure thats true. I'm not necessarily Henry's biggest fan, and I do enjoy CM Punk's work, but pretty much all his matches during his World title run were spot on. He had crackers with Show, Orton, Bryan, and Punk in fairness.

• Paid Members

What on Earth are you talking about? Just re-read Butch's post and the subsequent replies. Nobody has mentioned Punk not doing his job, nor Henry being a better heel. The point made was that Henry is a cool heel and Punk is not. Stop re-wording what everyone is saying for no apparent reason. And Mark Henry has certainly had fantastic matches over the past 2 years.

• Moderators

Cool heels are heels. Nash and Hall were cool heels. And I'm not commenting on whether Punk is a good heel or not (he is), just saying that Mark Henry is the cool dude for the cool guys. Stop looking for things that aren't there and making things up.

And Mark Henry's had plenty of scorchers. He was one of the best going in 2011, for fucks sakes. Still strong when he was about last year. Another top performance last night.

What on Earth are you talking about? Just re-read Butch's post and the subsequent replies. Nobody has mentioned Punk not doing his job, nor Henry being a better heel. The point made was that Henry is a cool heel and Punk is not. Stop re-wording what everyone is saying for no apparent reason. And Mark Henry has certainly had fantastic matches over the past 2 years.

Butch said exactly "He's the real cool heel for discerning adults, not CM Punk" implying that Punk was attempting to be a cool heel and was failing in comparison to Henry. That's what I'm talking about.

• Moderators

No he wasn't. Butch was (loving that third person) having a tongue in cheek pop at CM Punk fans thinking he's cool and the man and stuff. Got a reaction too, which is nice. Butch doesn't recall ever thinking Punk was trying to be cool, Butch knows that whinging and getting stips changed and the like is not trying to be cool at all. However, Butch loves how over defensive some CM Punk fans can get. Butch admits he's over defensive about his favourites, why can't Punk fans?

No he wasn't. Butch was (loving that third person) having a tongue in cheek pop at CM Punk fans thinking he's cool and the man and stuff. Got a reaction too, which is nice. Butch doesn't recall ever thinking Punk was trying to be cool, Butch knows that whinging and getting stips changed and the like is not trying to be cool at all. However, Butch loves how over defensive some CM Punk fans can get. Butch admits he's over defensive about his favourites, why can't Punk fans?

In comparison CM Punk is the man though. You've just got to look at their previous work to notice that. David had a good point when he mentioned a lot of people trying to be counter-cool. I'm not saying you are, but a shit load of people do seem to follow your lead. Brodus fucking Clay being a prime example.

Archived