I doubt he will be pulled from it. Pete is a company man and smart enough to check before taking the booking. He would have been given the go-ahead.

It would only be pulled if Vince changes his mind and I assume this is below his radar

Edited by UK Kat Von D

Thereā€™s a difference between facing Aries on the indies, to facing impact champion Aries on the indies. Can see him being pulled, even just to stop impact using it for publicity if Aries wins thatĀ 

I'd assume he's had the go ahead but if he get's pulled it's more than likely down to howĀ Destiny are marketing it. If it was just a generic picture of each and Dunne vs Aries on the poster I'm sure WWE would be fine with it. The fact they've got pictures of both with their respective belts and IMPACT CHAMPION and WWE UKĀ CHAMPION in nice big letters might piss somebody at WWE off.

Edited by cobra_gordo

• Paid Members

It will be interesting if Pete gets pulled - we're still kind of learning exactly how the UK contracts work, and what WWE see as appropriate use of the UK guys. They don't seem to mind them interacting with NJPW or ROH talent - Dunne's booked against Ospreay in the near future, and British Strong Style faced The Elite in Fight Club Pro last year - but the Impact champion might be something else entirely.

If the match goes ahead, there's no way Aries is going over, though - Pete very rarely loses as it isĀ (lookingĀ on Cagematch, it seems like the only losses he's taken outside of NXT house shows since winning the belt have been by DQ, or in multi-man and tag matches where presumably he wasn't the one taking the fall. Having worked with someone on a pseudo-WWE deal in the past (though not having worked with any of the WWE UK lot, so not knowing the specifics of their contracts), I would assume that you contractually can't book him to lose, or WWE have power of veto if you do. There's absolutely no way WWE are going to allow him to lose clean to someone contracted to Impact.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

I'd assume he's had the go ahead but if he get's pulled it's more than likely down to howĀ Destiny are marketing it. If it was just a generic picture of each and Dunne vs Aries on the poster I'm sure WWE would be fine with it. The fact they've got pictures of both with their respective belts and IMPACT CHAMPION and WWE UKĀ CHAMPION in nice big letters might piss somebody at WWE off.

Yeah that's a good point. Given the fact Aries has only recently won the title (and only recently turned up at Impact), I bet this booking was OK'd with WWE before the knowledge of this. I don't think Pete will get heat for this and he will probably end up being a bit pissed off with the promotion (Destiny) if he is pulled from the show, as they surely know they'd be walking a fine line with that marketing.

Either that or Impact are considered so inconsequential by WWE (which I think these days is fair to say) that they won't give a shit and still let him do it.

I can definitely see WWE pulling him, not only is it being marketed as a sort of impact champ vs WWE brand champ but it's also an ex WWE guy, who asked THEM for his release, what standing are they on with Aries? This is absolutely something I can see Vince being told about by a minion and just grunting and shouting that it won't be happening.

2 hours ago, Louch said:

even just to stop impact using it for publicity if Aries wins thatĀ 

The UK Title is further down the totem pole right now than the Hardcore or European Titles at their lowest. Impact would be embarrassing themselves to crow about their World Cha... You're right, they'd do it.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Louch said:

Is it still no one cares enough about tna to be spoiler tag things? Wanna discuss the tapingsĀ 

To be honest, I've long given up giving any real consideration to Impact spoilers. They almost always sound like a clusterfuck when reading the fan reports, but inevitably make at least someĀ sense by the time its on tv (that feelsĀ like years later).

The one thing they really need to sort out is these marathon tapings. I understand they're cost effective, but fuck me, there's a problem when you're taping tv three months in advance. You just lose any buzz that you've generated.

Austin Aries' return generated some talk this week, but there's a 9Ā day gap even until that's broadcast. You just lose any traction you may have created. Shame.

Edited by garynysmon

2 hours ago, garynysmon said:

To be honest, I've long given up giving any real consideration to Impact spoilers. They almost always sound like a clusterfuck when reading the fan reports, but inevitably make at least someĀ sense by the time its on tv (that feelsĀ like years later).

The one thing they really need to sort out is these marathon tapings. I understand they're cost effective, but fuck me, there's a problem when you're taping tv three months in advance. You just lose any buzz that you've generated.

Austin Aries' return generated some talk this week, but there's a 9Ā day gap even until that's broadcast. You just lose any traction you may have created. Shame.

Primarily, that was why I stopped watching - I ended up finding out the next quarter's storylines, and couldn't be bothered watching to see them on TV.Ā  If they shifted to even filming two weeks at a time, then I'd probably start watching again, but any real drama / suspense / interest is lost when you know how it's gonna turn out!