• Paid Members

Quite shocking that they got rid of Todd. He wasn't amazing by any standards, but he was a fresh sound compared to dead in the water Mike Tenay or the completely talentless Tazz. Tazz should have been wrote out and just merged into the Aces and 8s somehow.

Quite shocking that they got rid of Todd. He wasn't amazing by any standards, but he was a fresh sound compared to dead in the water Mike Tenay or the completely talentless Tazz. Tazz should have been wrote out and just merged into the Aces and 8s somehow.

Todd was pretty useless because he and Tenay were sharing the same role. No need for 2 playbyplay guys.

• Paid Members

Todd was pretty useless because he and Tenay were sharing the same role. No need for 2 playbyplay guys.
They did try to get Tenay to do his old "Professor" WCW role, it's just very often he had to step in and make up for Kenely's short comings (like the blokes lack of ability to not sound wooden and completely scripted, yes Tenay).Kenely is absolutely rubbish as a wrestling announcer, though. Him constantly having zero retort to Taz's soft ball jabs made him seem like a fat loser and not a voice that commands respect. I'm not sure how Taz will feel about this, on one hand it was quite clear he didn't appreciate another announce, but Kennely was the perfect verbal punch bag with his shite goatee and that.Be interesting to see what Rampage does. Comparing him to King Mo is a little unfair, seeing as Rampage is a much bigger star and has much more charisma. It could work if TNA are smart about it.

We need more bullying in wrestling. When Bully Ray was getting in everyone's faces and picking on X div wrestlers, that was great. Everyone likes an underdog, I remember the pop Spike Dudley got when he stood up to ol' Stone Cold.

Tazz should have been wrote out and just merged into the Aces and 8s somehow.

Whoa whoa, please no, this is one of about 3 reasons i still watch TNA, Tazz on commentary in an Aces N 8's role.At Slammivesary he said "Hebner is 1000 years old and has rigor mortis" when he was late counting, thats the shit i need to hear that makes me laugh out loud during a poxy 6 man match.

Listening to the Rampage conference call that's going on right now. Dixie says he'll be starting wrestling training soon. They'll either be setting him up with his own training team in California or he's going to OVW. Rampage says him and King Mo have been talking about being a tag team in TNA.In other TNA news, Doug Williams has been released. He'd been a trainer in OVW these past few months.

Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members

Wouldn't stun me if Doug Williams gets hired as part of WWE's new developmental headquarters. The size of the venture will require them to hire a load of trainers. He seems perfect for it.OVW is the most pointless thing in the world at the minute. TNA needs a wrestling school to train people up, send them out on the indies and debut them on the main roster, like how Ring of Honor or even CZW brought through all those workers that eventually appeared on their shows. OVW seems to be a skip to dump a load of wrestlers they dont want anymore.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Remember the Gut Check Challenge online voting contest to determine the next participant in the TV version of Gut Check? Well, the final voting is starting in two days and these are the 16 finalists that will be competing for the spot:

bracket 1 - "Bad Bones" John Klinger

bracket 2 - Shanna

bracket 3 - AJ Kirsch

bracket 4 - Barry Ryte

bracket 5 - Chance Prophet

bracket 6 - Dab Savage

bracket 7 - Dimitri Soliotopoulos

bracket 8 - Facade

bracket 9 - Jake Dirden

bracket 10 - Judas Yorick

bracket 11 – LuFisto

bracket 12 – “The Mayan Warrior” Rafael Lopez