• Paid Members

What are you reading this by the way? Who said they are "doomed and going out of business?" I'm reading they are in the process of being sold. Which the last time I heard, isnt the same as going out of business. TNA themselves released a statement saying they are looking for investors (i.e. someone to put money in them and keep on the current owner in a public face role). That wasnt from a news site. That was from TNA themselves. There hasnt been a sale that has went through because TNA's only upside is the TV deal and if that is in danger of going away, nobody is buying it. That's pretty fucking simple if you ask me.

As far as what hasnt been true about TNA in the last 2 years, what turned out to be bullshit may I ask?

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

The thing about Roode and EY is just a few pages back. No confirmation. Must be true though.

The moving offices thing was originally posted round here as 'oh no they cant afford rent' but actually turned out to be the landlord was raising the rent due to everywhere in the area booming and TNA weren't the only ones leaving the office because of this. Moving everything in to one facility is just good business sense and from the pics i've seen it look better.

They can't pay staff but they're running a ppv which could have just as easily been a tv special like all the other former ppvs. A ppv that presumably will make no money as no one is paying to get in or ordering it, which is true. A ppv they cant afford to produce? So why bother if they're so fucked? May as well save yourself a day and bang out some quick matches for a ONO on the other days. If they think it's worth it to sell 100 bucks worth of t-shirts then fair enough, but then otherwise this must mean they have a pretty lucrative merch business these days.

Who are these unpaid staff? I presume they posted about all their lack of pay on twitter. Why would they care if they're not getting paid anyway? I'm sure you're following them all Ian. I look forward to hearing about them getting their money in a few weeks but i'm sure we'll hear nothing of that. Probably with a little extra on top for the inconvenience. Staff who put a graphic up for Davey Richards when it was Drew McIntyre, staff who weren't capable enough to get Chyna's date of birth right, staff who allowed that version of Knockouts Knockdown to air. They don't deserve to get paid! They could just leave. They cant be that worried about job security considering they're working for free anyway, and you know morale is so high in that place. If morale is low between anyone its the wrestlers because the their busting their asses and the rating isn't budging because news sites say they're finished every week so no one has an incentive to watch.

Look, I'm just trolling really. I don't really care whether they survive or go under but until it DOES happen i find all these stories really annoying. There's still a wrestling show to watch. I rip TNA equally on TNA fansite facebook pages for completely other reasons because you have the other end of the spectrum there where they truly believe TNA is better than WWE and always has been, which no one in their right mind could ever say.

As long as this crap continues to get 'leaked' every other week, the company has no chance of growing their audience and thus increasing their income, which allows them to put on a better show, and more guys get to work. Utterly counterproductive to the enjoyment of the business. I don't know what the sites will post about when TNA goes under. Hopefully it will affect their traffic and they will close too.

I agree with Philjax to an extent. Every time you think it's the last nail in the coffin, the thing keeps trudging along. There are stories which not much really comes out of. As he says, maybe there are stories that are being spun as worse than they are (I didn't know about the landlord bumping rent thing for example). You can only report what you've got though and I doubt there's a whole lot of good to report on in TNA.

So I get the point in a way - in that I wish one of these news stories would be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Look, I'm just trolling really. I don't really care whether they survive or go under but until it DOES happen i find all these stories really annoying. There's still a wrestling show to watch. I rip TNA equally on TNA fansite facebook pages for completely other reasons because you have the other end of the spectrum there where they truly believe TNA is better than WWE and always has been, which no one in their right mind could ever say.

As long as this crap continues to get 'leaked' every other week, the company has no chance of growing their audience and thus increasing their income, which allows them to put on a better show, and more guys get to work. Utterly counterproductive to the enjoyment of the business. I don't know what the sites will post about when TNA goes under. Hopefully it will affect their traffic and they will close too.

This all seems like a wonderful use of your time. 

If WWE were ever going to buy off TNA, now with the brand split would be the best time, as they need to beef up both rosters

The Hardy's, EC3, Drew McIntyre and James Storm to bring back Beer Money, all are main card ready

A stable with AJ Styles, Beer Money, Samoa Joe & Austin Aries and maybe Eric Young called TNA(more of a stable name than a companies name) would be decent.

Put a few guys/girls in development or as trainers and fire the rest.

Lashley is quite good but unless he wins the Bellator belt, then the WWE would never let him do both, but if he did a Lesner match would be interesting.

Edited by the_mole

Another great show last night they are doing stellar work at building there characters only negative for me was no decay this week

Rating on the rise again most watched show this year and no doubt well over the 500k mark once the Dvr numbers are totted up