Paid Members Ronnie Posted January 25, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 25, 2013 Who was the best off-topic poster? A few links would be great. Please note that sports and MMA posts aren't to be factors here; they have their own awards.
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted January 25, 2013 Awards Moderator Posted January 25, 2013 (edited) It's an honour just to be nominated! Seriously though, I don't stand a chance against some of these main eventers. Ronnie, particularly in the second half of the year, was outstanding, Gladstone did a lot to keep things entertaining with the film list and then the sitcom one, but I can't see past Frankie C for this one. Edited January 25, 2013 by HarmonicGenerator
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted January 25, 2013 Moderators Posted January 25, 2013 I voting the same way I vote every year - Gladstone is an Off Topic powerhouse.
Paid Members Ronnie Posted January 25, 2013 Author Paid Members Posted January 25, 2013 (edited) Gladstone is an Off Topic powerhouse. Aye. I think it was bluetonic who dismissively wrote "If there's an off-topic thread he hasn't posted in I'd like to see it" but OT is a much better place for the quality and variety of Gladders's ubiquitous posts. As a case in point, "Gladders's film thread" made the ballot for best thread. That's one area that I know nothing about because I barely watch anything and so hadn't read the threads, and I had to track this thread down in order to link to it. He's done loads of them and it took me a while to work out which one was the nominated one, because they largely all seem to have been well received and generated discussion. It was even harder to narrow down because it involved scrolling back over several pages to arrive at it owing to the sheer quantity of threads he'd started, with nary a bad one among them. I can't see past him for this award. Edited January 25, 2013 by Ronnie
Paid Members WWFChilli Posted January 25, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 25, 2013 Got to go to Gladstone for this. I very much enjoy his work in off-topic.
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted January 25, 2013 Awards Moderator Posted January 25, 2013 Yep, Gladders all the way for this I reckon.
Loki Posted January 25, 2013 Posted January 25, 2013 I use my Gladders account for being nice, and this one for being grouchy, so I vote Gladstone.
Paid Members PunkStep Posted January 25, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 25, 2013 Gladders is the Claude Makalele of the off-topic, he keeps things ticking.
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted January 25, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 25, 2013 I've gone for Gladstone as well. Where's he been lately?
Moderators PowerButchi Posted January 25, 2013 Moderators Posted January 25, 2013 He's well enough. Just got a few important things to do at the moment.
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted January 25, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 25, 2013 Good to hear. Just seen his post in the Good Egg award thread.
The King Of Swing Posted January 25, 2013 Posted January 25, 2013 I voting the same way I vote every year - Gladstone is an Off Topic powerhouse. Same here. At this point we should just rename it the Gladstone Award and be done with it
Paid Members air_raid Posted January 26, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 26, 2013 Gladstone is a top bloke. I never get tired of shooting the shit with him about film & tv, football, hardcore filth... the list is endless.
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 26, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 26, 2013 Gladders is the Claude Makalele of the off-topic, he keeps things ticking. Ha, I like this. I love Noemie Lenoir as well! Off-topic was great last year again - HG's superb Twatlist thread, everyone's contributions to the Film and Sitcoms countdowns have made those threads well worth doing, the Olympics thread was excellent and there's been a good range of stuff. Some excellent music threads as well. Again, everyone here really keeps off-topic ticking.
Recommended Posts