UKFF - Off-Topic Poster of the Year

Ronnie

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Awards Moderator

It's an honour just to be nominated! Seriously though, I don't stand a chance against some of these main eventers. Ronnie, particularly in the second half of the year, was outstanding, Gladstone did a lot to keep things entertaining with the film list and then the sitcom one, but I can't see past Frankie C for this one.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
Gladstone is an Off Topic powerhouse.

Aye. I think it was bluetonic who dismissively wrote "If there's an off-topic thread he hasn't posted in I'd like to see it" but OT is a much better place for the quality and variety of Gladders's ubiquitous posts.

As a case in point, "Gladders's film thread" made the ballot for best thread. That's one area that I know nothing about because I barely watch anything and so hadn't read the threads, and I had to track this thread down in order to link to it. He's done loads of them and it took me a while to work out which one was the nominated one, because they largely all seem to have been well received and generated discussion. It was even harder to narrow down because it involved scrolling back over several pages to arrive at it owing to the sheer quantity of threads he'd started, with nary a bad one among them.

I can't see past him for this award.

Edited by Ronnie

• Paid Members

Gladstone is a top bloke. I never get tired of shooting the shit with him about film & tv, football, hardcore filth... the list is endless.

• Paid Members
Gladders is the Claude Makalele of the off-topic, he keeps things ticking.

Ha, I like this. I love Noemie Lenoir as well!

Off-topic was great last year again - HG's superb Twatlist thread, everyone's contributions to the Film and Sitcoms countdowns have made those threads well worth doing, the Olympics thread was excellent and there's been a good range of stuff. Some excellent music threads as well. Again, everyone here really keeps off-topic ticking.