The Ultimate Fighter 17: 'Team Jones vs Team Sonnen'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Dana interview with that Swedish interviewer bloke

Touches on TUF and Tor Troeng at the start. Dana tries not to give much away but you can tell he's impressed with Tor. I know after this weeks episode it's looking like the killer on the season is Uriah, but I'm still thinking it might end up being Tor. At the very least he must do very well judging by Dana's reaction.

I'm gonna go ahead and predict a Uriah vs Tor final. Based off nothing other than a mixture of them looking good in the elimination fights, the bit of online buzz about them both and my personal gut feelings. Those are the two I'm liking the look of most so far.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I don't think it is Uriah, if you look at the way Sonnen reacts and runs to the cage, I'd suggest its Uriah who gets KOd.

If it was a horrible KO, it wouldn't matter to Sonnen who it was. Sonnen would be concerned for any fighters well being on that show.

Just caught up with the first two eps of TUF this season, and wow, what an improvement. UFC weren't just relying on Jones/Sonnen to boost ratings, they've really given the show presentation a significant overhaul. Two episodes in and most fighters stand out to some extent due to finding out about their background.

Sonnen seems to be a great coach, Jones' first decision as coach was a little unwise, but he's got time to adjust. I like Sonnen's mentality of going through the same workouts as his fighters. Sonnen also has some of the better fighters on first impressions like Tor (pronounced Thor, how badass :D), Uriah and Luke. I think Team Sonnen will pull ahead in the coming weeks.

There's always one fighter you take a disliking to, and for me that's Bubba, from Texas, who's extremely close with his sister. The stereotypes run rampant there, but kidding aside, he's a whiner. Why the team decided to run down Gilbert before the fight is beyond me, just asinine, but Bubba in particular stood out there. Immediately on getting picked, he assumes Jones will take care of him with matchmaking, and he complained about not being in control of his fights. Every fighter there should believe in themselves that they are the best fighter in the house and can beat anyone else. Bubba really is a prima donna.

Anyway, they've got me hooked on US TUF for the first time in a couple of year, may it continue!

I don't think it is Uriah, if you look at the way Sonnen reacts and runs to the cage, I'd suggest its Uriah who gets KOd.

If it was a horrible KO, it wouldn't matter to Sonnen who it was. Sonnen would be concerned for any fighters well being on that show.

Without giving anything away, the production crew this season have been giving out some red herrings during the previews.

Sonnen reaction may be from a future fight.

• Paid Members

I've finally caught up on the first two episodes and, I'm sorry, but I'm not too impressed. It's definitely improved in terms of production tweaks, and it was nice to have the friends and families featured in the first episode, but ultimately, at its core, it still feels like the same old tired show. New camera angles aren't enough to hide it. It's the same thing we've seen a million times and unless things pick up or change drastically I can definitely see ratings dropping consistently.

It feels like they've took a car that barely runs anymore and hoped that just putting a new paint job on it will solve the problem.

I've finally caught up on the first two episodes and, I'm sorry, but I'm not too impressed. It's definitely improved in terms of production tweaks, and it was nice to have the friends and families featured in the first episode, but ultimately, at its core, it still feels like the same old tired show. New camera angles aren't enough to hide it. It's the same thing we've seen a million times and unless things pick up or change drastically I can definitely see ratings dropping consistently.

It feels like they've took a car that barely runs anymore and hoped that just putting a new paint job on it will solve the problem.

Haven't the numbers been good thus far?

• Paid Members

Until tonight when we witness "The sickest KO in combat sports eva!" Or something. There's somewhat of a buzz on Twitter already & it's hours away yet. I find my self seriously considering sitting up for this despite the fact it's on series record.

Maybe we should just wait for the Zombie Prophet gif.

Think it's the first time I've posted in this thread (I don't watch a lot of reality TV as I'm not a fan of it) so I don't know if people have used spoiler tags for episodes. I'll put my episode three thoughts in spoilers for now:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I was aware before this season started that Dana White said there's a KO which is one of the nastiest he's ever seen. The KO, a spinning heel kick by Urijah Hall on Adam Cella was vicious. The sound of the strike, the sound of Hall's out cold body hitting the canvas and the reaction of everyone to it. Might already be the 2013 Knockout of the Year winner.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Ouch. That is all. So according to Dana in pre-show interviews,

he puts 2 more people in hospital and that everyone is afraid to fight him. Looks like Uriah's in the final then.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Spoiler tags in case anyone isn't aware.

Ouch. That is all. So according to Dana in pre-show interviews,

he puts 2 more people in hospital and that everyone is afraid to fight him. Looks like Uriah's in the final then.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Spoiler tags in case anyone isn't aware.

Two more in hospital? Bloody hell. No wonder people don't want to fight him.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Archived