The Ultimate Fighter 17: 'Team Jones vs Team Sonnen'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I agree that this episode wasn't much cop. Thankfully we got that middle-finger to spice up the fight/show, otherwise the highlight of this week would have been a rubbish rap 'battle' and a botched toilet roll prank.

The fight itself wasn't great, but I was amazed at how lackluster Casey was. He got bullied.

At least next week we have Bubba fighting, who is a monster prick.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if the latest episodes need spoilering, as I dont know when they air in the UK.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

"Oh my God. Oh my God, he might have it! Oh my God!". This fight was like what a lot of people want the Rousey/Carmouche fight to be like. Great underdog story, and a feel-good victory for that underdog. Thought Bubba looked like horse shit for the entire fight. Even worse performance than that guy last week, factoring in how experienced/big/good he was supposed to be. Really exciting fight, too.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Im surprised at sonnen and jones relationship on the series i was expecting them to be down each others throats but they do seem decent friends. Slighty disapointed in it as we all know how sonnen is with his mouth to build up fights which we aint really seeing in the show.

I really thought i would be baying to see jones and sonnen go at it but my exicetment for the fight is flat at the moment. I supose i was expecting a gsp koscheck again.

Still a good series though.

• Paid Members

That was one of the best fights we've had on TUF for quite some time. The first round was just all over the place. So much back and forth action, it would have been a nightmare to score. Always great to see an underdog take it, especially when they're up against a real unlikeable prick like Bubba.

Hopefully Tor gives Samman a bit of a pasting next week too.

• Paid Members

A good fight this week, but fucking hell, this season sucks balls. Chael and Jon having a nice little chat in the corridor before shaking hands was unbelievable. When they announced this season I was exploding with excitement for both the show and their fight, but now I don't give a shit about either. This is easily up there with the Brock and JDS for worst season of all time. Chael better turn it to 11 by the time they start recording the Countdown show because right now this fight means fuck all.

Worst season of all time? You're having a laugh, plus we're not even half-way through the season yet. It's one of the best seasons in a long, long time (Smashes excluded) - the talent is actually up to scratch for once.

From day one Chael said he'd be making this season all about his fighters than himself, so its hardly surprising that he doesn't want to fuck about whilst their careers are on the line.

Chael will ham it up nearer to the fight, don't worry.

I really hope Bubba gets smashed. What a whiny cockend that bloke has been so far.

Yeah, he really is the epitome of a white trash gangsta prick, isn't he?

Yup, it was nice to see him basically give up before the choke was fully sunk in too.

I think him and his team expected to walk over the inexperienced youngster.

A good fight this week, but fucking hell, this season sucks balls.

You won't be surprised to hear that I disagree 100%. I think this season has been fantastic. The new feel to the show, the distinct lack of in-house shite between the fighters and the focus on training and fighter personalities has been superb.

I'm also extremely happy to see the real Chael Sonnen for a bit. A timely reminder that he's actually a serious athlete who has a lot to offer as far as coaching goes. I'm actually finding myself warming to him again, which I never thought I'd say.

As has been mentioned, I wouldn't worry. He'll throw in some of his pro wrestling schtick for you in the build to the fight.

I actually find myself being close to wanting Sonnen to beat Jones! Who woulda thunk it?!?! :laugh:

• Paid Members
Worst season of all time? You're having a laugh

Nope. It's fucking boring. Recap last week's fight, show loads of training for this week's fight, do the fight, pick the next fight, end the show. Nothing stands out or excites me whatsoever. Just the same old, tired formula, achieving almost nothing. The Jones vs. Chael dynamic has zero momentum and the guys on the show, bar maybe Uriah Hall, are not standing out one bit. Nobody has an interesting character or story. They're just a bunch of guys. Case in point; that Luke bloke from the UK was walking around Wembley last weekend and I had no idea who he was. It was only after watching this week's show that I recognised him and put two and two together. Five episodes into Season 1, for example, if I'd walked past Chris Leben or someone like that? There's no question I'd know who they were.

This season was supposed to freshen things up and make the show mean something again. Turns out all that meant was new camera angles and families watching the elimination fights. It still the same show, in which faceless guys come in, win or lose some fights, you barely remember anyone and then it ends. No-one has held up their end of the bargain in terms of returning this show to its former glory.

A good fight this week, but fucking hell, this season sucks balls.

You won't be surprised to hear that I disagree 100%. I think this season has been fantastic.

No, it doesn't surprise me. You also kept defending the Brock/JDS season too, which was also shit. You've freely admitted that as long as the fights are good then you're happy, but that's neither the majority opinion nor what this show needs to succeed.

JDS/Brock was utter gash. But TUF Live may have been the worst. I gave up on Carwin and Nelson, but that could be a contender also.

This season has been pretty good. Good fights complimented with new production values and genuine intrigue around Uriah Hall. Distinct personalities in Bubba, Casey and others has also helped.

Think you are being a tad harsh Supremo although I understand your dissapointment of the coaches getting along. I have even enjoyed Sonnen he is such a likable bloke when he drops the trash talk, I love him with it but still. Jones comes across well also.

I don't agree with the negativity about this season. It's far more entertaining than the Carwin/Nelson bollocks we had to endure and Dana has said the fights get better and better.

I'm glad Bubba lost, didn't like him from the first moment he appeared on the show. He looked like absolute shite on the ground after all the talking up of his skills by Jones. Hopefully Josh Samman get battered this week, all the whinging and crying from him and Bubba about getting the match-ups they wanted just pissed me off.

I wish Adam Cella had joined in that rap battle. :glare:

Archived