The Ultimate Fighter 17: 'Team Jones vs Team Sonnen'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Urijah broke Bubba's face.

a few Josh Samman mugshots have appeared online too from a couple of years back, one for assault and battery, the other for violation of probation.

2008_09_22-196501.jpg

Joshua-K-Samman_mugshot.400x800.jpg

just drops him deeper into my shit list.

oh and does anyone think that TUF did a lousy job of letting us know how Kevin Casey is? last we saw he was bundled in an ambulance with a potentially serious kidney problem, never heard from him again.

• Paid Members
That was Kevin Casey. He just forgot to stay black.

Ha.

Finally caught up. I've actually quite enjoyed it on the whole.

Uriah looks like a star in the making, if he can keep this going. But I have some doubts until he shows he can do it in the UFC, plus I get the feeling he could be the type who lets it all go to his head and believes his own hype. Either way he'll be exciting to watch.

Finale is Saturday, the last episode is tonight, so the full card will be online by tomorrow morning. It's a card that is barely getting talked about anywhere but it could be tremendous if the top fights deliver.

Faber vs Jorgensen should be fantastic. Both are non-stop cardio freaks, I can see this being a crazy 5 rounder. And Tate vs Zingano is big with the winner set to coach TUF 18 opposite Ronda. Should be a fun fight as well, Tate's coming off back-to-back belters against Kedzie and Ronda. Zingano is being overlooked though, I think.

• Paid Members

I actually can't wait till this week's episode. What a fucking month this is though! UFC Swedon, TUF Finale, UFC on Fox the UFC 159. Apparently this month is setting a record at 51 fights! Can't wait till Cormier's debut and obviously 159.

Is it wrong that I'm beginning to like Josh?

• Paid Members

yes, it's wrong.

Actually interested to see tonights episode to see how they round out the rest of the card Saturday, it's clearly gonna be TUF heavy, wonder what matches they'll put together.

• Paid Members

MMAJunkie currently has nothing listed for the FUEL TV bit. They have 3 prelims down for Facebook with Palaszewski/Cole Miller, Lawrence/Pineda and Maximo/Sicilia, but nothing for the FUEL bit so they must be filling that out with TUFers.

There's also a spot to be filled on the main card. TUF finales are usually 5 fight main cards and there's only 4 currently;

Faber vs Jorgensen

TUF Final

Tate vs Zingano

Gonzaga vs Browne

So a lot of spots to fill and unlike last season, most of the cast this time must be getting at least one fight. I hope we get Uriah vs Josh. If they both win tonight it's the perfect final. If they both lose book it anyway.

• Paid Members

Well...

Urijah Hall, FUCK ME. That was impressive. His striking was so crisp it was unreal, and then what he did from the bottom? My god that was impressive.

Kelvin fucked up our preferred main event but this still should be an amazing finale. Kelvin has all the tools and could give Urijah major problems on Saturday night. His wrestling and ground game is great and he has knockout power. Josh made one major error though. He went for the take down that ultimately was reversed by Kelvin who subsequently fell on top of Josh. This cost him in the end.

The full card has been released too.

MAIN CARD (FX, 9 p.m. ET)

Urijah Faber vs. Scott Jorgensen

Kelvin Gastelum vs. Uriah Hall - "TUF 17" tournament final

Miesha Tate vs. Cat Zingano

Travis Browne vs. Gabriel Gonzaga

Robert "Bubba" McDaniel vs. Gilbert Smith

PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV, 7 p.m. ET)

Kevin Casey vs. Josh Samman

Luke Barnatt vs. Collin Hart

Dylan Andrews vs. Jimmy Quinlan

Clint Hester vs. Bristol Marunde

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 5:30 p.m. ET)

Cole Miller vs. Bart Palaszewski

Justin Lawrence vs. Daniel Pineda

Maximo Blanco vs. Sam Sicilia

Good card!

For anyone who has yet to see this weeks ep and wants a link to a good stream, PM me.

• Paid Members
Although it ultimately doesn't really matter i find it odd that they gave Bubba & Gilbert the final main cars slot.

I can see the sense. You need to draw in a good crowd on Fuel TV too and give them a reason to tune in. Josh is one of the biggest stars coming off this show and having him headline that portion will draw viewers in.

Edit:- Just checking the line up it seems that Zak Cummings is the only fighter who is not on the finale card (outside of Tor and Chella who fought in Sweden). I would imagine he was due to fight Clint Hestor but he has been replaced. Injury perhaps?

Archived