The Ultimate Fighter 17: 'Team Jones vs Team Sonnen'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Well, I've finally been able to catch up to all these eps. Got married on Saturday and it was an amazing day!

Anyway, thought the past few eps have been superb. Just a real shame Luke didn't make it past the quaters. Also, Kelvin's KO was absolutely brutal. Dark horse possibly I would say. I guess Ronda got him really pumped up for that fight!

From the buzz pre season it looks like it's going to be Bubba who has the panic attack about facing his opponent (Urijah). I sincerely hope we get to see it as it will be a brilliant moment seeing his faced smushed on the canvas.

• Paid Members
Congrats on the wedding dude.

I'm scared that Bubba might actually shock the world and win! He is easily the most hated out of the bunch. Loving the series so far.

Cheers guys,

Despite me wanting a massacre, Bubba does have the tools to beat Urijah.

• Paid Members

Cheers guys,

Despite me wanting a massacre.

I read that bit as you wanting to massacre your wedding guests. I'm not with it today.

Congratulations to you and the Mrs. When do you go to America?

• Paid Members

Cheers guys,

Despite me wanting a massacre.

I read that bit as you wanting to massacre your wedding guests. I'm not with it today.

Congratulations to you and the Mrs. When do you go to America?

Cheers Wand.

Flying out day before UFC 159, Friday April 26th. When will we be getting 159 thread since it's the next numbered event?

Congrats, Lamby.

Really enjoyed this weeks ep, the Luke/Dylan fight was one of the best fights on TUF in a long long time - really enjoyed it. Great to see defensive work on the ground actually rewarded by the judges, which is something that they seem to ignore all too often.

Can't wait for Urijah/Bubba next week.

I guess Ronda got him really pumped up for that fight!

In more ways than one I'm betting.

He even nicked her speech in his pre-fight video word for word! :laugh:

• Paid Members
Congrats, Lamby.

Really enjoyed this weeks ep, the Luke/Dylan fight was one of the best fights on TUF in a long long time - really enjoyed it. Great to see defensive work on the ground actually rewarded by the judges, which is something that they seem to ignore all too often.

Can't wait for Urijah/Bubba next week.

I guess Ronda got him really pumped up for that fight!

In more ways than one I'm betting.

He even nicked her speech in his pre-fight video word for word! :laugh:

Cheers MOM..apologies for clogging up the thread with my thank you returns but I will keep it on topic..

I agree Luke/Dylan was a fantastic fight and definitely fight of the season for me.

In relation to 159, videos have now started coming out. I will save them for the 159 thread but the staredown at the end of this Joe Rogan interview FINALLY gave me goosebumps for this fight.

• Paid Members

Really like Dylan, i love his whole mentality and approach to the game. Im hoping we hear more about his past and get his full story, he seems like he's got one to tell. Hell of a fight with Luke though, i thought 1-1 was fair going into round 3, i think Dylan should have done damage from the top position to secure the win in 2 but Luke did a great job off his back. The 3rd round really was a case of biting down and just out toughing the Brit, great win.

Kelvin's a little beast too isn't he. I think Colin came out way too concerned with having an exciting fight and it cost him, Kelvin's got some fast hands on him though. Win or lose next round im looking forward to his UFC run.

Interested to see Bubba possibly dropping out next week...looks like he wants no part of Uriah.

Well Bubba vs Uriah didn't dissapoint. I think it showed Bubba's TUF and UFC career in full with it starting out and falling in a few seconds. Sick knockout which tbh, at first I thought he took a dive then I heard saw the reply. Condit looked pretty shocked by it and Dana's comment about unsure about clapping amused me. They really have build Hall as a killing machine and I loved how cool and calm Sonnen was about it.

I think Dana 100% made the right call with the semi's. I like Dylan and feeding him to Hall is a little unkind however Josh vs Hall has so much potential if they both make it to the finals.

• Paid Members
Well Bubba vs Uriah didn't dissapoint. I think it showed Bubba's TUF and UFC career in full with it starting out and falling in a few seconds. Sick knockout which tbh, at first I thought he took a dive then I heard saw the reply. Condit looked pretty shocked by it and Dana's comment about unsure about clapping amused me. They really have build Hall as a killing machine and I loved how cool and calm Sonnen was about it.

I think Dana 100% made the right call with the semi's. I like Dylan and feeding him to Hall is a little unkind however Josh vs Hall has so much potential if they both make it to the finals.

I agree. I'm surprised Sonnen and Jones opted for something different, but I actually believe that part was staged for added drama for the audience. Obviously the audience want a Samman/Hall finale and the coaches choosing against added drama to the announcement. Both coaches wanting that in the Semi's made zero sense.

• Paid Members

when they both picked Hall/Samman i thought Dana was going to go for it in the semi's but that makes sense as a finale...if Samman and Hall stop their opponents next week it's gonna be the most interesting TUF finale in ages, i think its one where it'll actually feel like a real contender is coming off the show (which is really what the show should be about).

Bubba was absolutely bricking it going into the Hall fight, like Heatseeker i originally thought he took a dive but not so. The post fight reaction of Bubba was frightening stuff, there's been a few of them on TUF over the years, just hearing the KO'd man responding is something that gets lost on a proper show because of the audience/commentary etc. very strange thing to watch.

Anyone think Dylan or Kelvin can pull of an upset? I fear for Dylan, although he gutted out two gritty wins he's hittable and i can't see him standing up to the power of Urijah.

• Paid Members
when they both picked Hall/Samman i thought Dana was going to go for it in the semi's but that makes sense as a finale...if Samman and Hall stop their opponents next week it's gonna be the most interesting TUF finale in ages, i think its one where it'll actually feel like a real contender is coming off the show (which is really what the show should be about).

Bubba was absolutely bricking it going into the Hall fight, like Heatseeker i originally thought he took a dive but not so. The post fight reaction of Bubba was frightening stuff, there's been a few of them on TUF over the years, just hearing the KO'd man responding is something that gets lost on a proper show because of the audience/commentary etc. very strange thing to watch.

Anyone think Dylan or Kelvin can pull of an upset? I fear for Dylan, although he gutted out two gritty wins he's hittable and i can't see him standing up to the power of Urijah.

The thing is, we could easily see a Kelvin/Dylan finale. Kelvin has vicious knockout power and Dylan is one tough muthafucker. With Hall we have yet to see what his cardio is like, and we haven't seen what Samman's chin is like.

I would be gutted if we see that, but it's the fight biz.

I also agree that both Samman and Hall are real contenders in the middleweight division and it was great seeing Sonnen say to Hall "i was part of that division for 5 years and you're a real contender for that title". We haven't had a contender from this show in years and as you say it's what it's all about.

• Paid Members

You can kind of see how all this is getting to Urijah's head as the show has gone on. He is getting a little cocky now, (rightfully or not.) If he does make it through to the end and win, there's a good chance a new star is born. Love him or hate him.

Really impressed with Josh's performance. I've hated him throughout the show with his scheming, but he did look good here.. I also thought Bubba took a bit of a dive. The way he was talking all pissed/punch drunk at the end seemed slightly hammed up as well. Maybe I just don't like him. :)

Archived