The Ultimate Fighter 17: 'Team Jones vs Team Sonnen'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really enjoying this season and I sadly haven't said that since TUF 10. I hate Bubba even more after his celebration...I was so pleased with the QF's too.

The only thing that would have pleased me more would have been a Josh/Uriah quarter-final.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I was gutted Samman managed to weasel his way out of the Urijah fight. That was some real cringeworthy stuff and I thought Dana would have made the fight purely because of Josh's squirming. What a snivelling runt.

As said, Bubba really doesn't look all that great considering where he comes from and the number of fights he has under his belt. King was appalling though. Even though he won the first round with top control, he wasn't looking to do any damage at all, then quits on his stool after 2 rounds. I'd be pissed at him getting the wildcard then going out like that.

King was appalling though. Even though he won the first round with top control, he wasn't looking to do any damage at all, then quits on his stool after 2 rounds. I'd be pissed at him getting the wildcard then going out like that.

Yeah, he's a frustrating fighter, isn't he? He manages to use his superior grappling to get himself into positions where he could do tons of damage with elbows and strikes, but he doesn't do anything at all. Implementing that kind of strategy would likely have seen him either stop Bubba from strikes, or find himself being able to open up a submission.

I doubt we'll see him back unless he seriously improves his game.

• Paid Members

yeh he seemed to find himself in positions to do damage but did very little, i liked King too, prior i thought he'd be a right annoying fucker but he came off alright, everyone seems to like him too. As for the finish, i aint sure what to think, i think it's best to see what the hospital says but if it is some kind of kidney damage it's a bit harsh to lay it on him..who knows though?

I fucking hate Josh. What a weasly, sneaky fucker...the shot in the van 'Colin you're gonna call out Urijah right?', then the shit in the room with Dana, haha. He's playing the game and you can't fault him for that, but he's so f'n sneaky about it and he's got that uber confident jock thing going on...i aint a fan.

Bubba's a cock too.

• Paid Members

throughout the series he's done a few things which makes me think 'ahh he aint so bad' then in the next minute or so he'll do something or say something that sends me right back to 'dick'.

His reaction to beating King was one of them.

• Paid Members

I also laughed when he was moaning about the others eating Thanksgiving dinner. It was obvious he was hungry and hurting from the weight cut, but he'd just been given a lifeline back into the tournament. He should have been thankful for that, not whinging about his lack of Turkey. Urijah is going to take his head off, then hopefully smash Samman in the next round :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Yeah just read about that on MMAJunkie. They actually have an English subtitled version now. I enjoyed the last season and the subtitles didn't bother me, watching TUF Brazil 2 without subtitles would be asking too much though so I'm glad they saw sense.

I'll have to watch the first episode later. I'm nearly up to date with TUF 17 as well now. Being off work this week has given me some much needed catch-up time.

So there's two fights next week and they didn't have any clips to show of the Hall-McDaniel fight. Something tells me it's a bad night for Bubba.

Didn't they hint that Bubba may actually not be taking the fight at all? I thought that's why they didn't show any footage of the fight, plus they also showed Clint on the running machine presumably trying to make weight in case he's called in as a late replacement.

Archived