The Ultimate Fighter 17: 'Team Jones vs Team Sonnen'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

sorry Ebb rushed when i was writing that the picture quality wise look as though it was a dodgy download

To answer your question, it's your TV that is shit as the picture was fine.

Nah, I had the same issue as well. Seemed quite 'clicky' for me.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I stand corrected, on a couple of points. The elimination fights were dealt with a bit better I thought. It didn't feel like it dragged as long as past seasons. For me anyway.

Also, I wasn't keen on the idea of having family members there in the gym originally but it did add to the show. Must have been hard for the losers' families though. The Cummings/Fekete fight springs to mind when I say that. Fekete got decked in seconds and Cummings' wife was screaming her tits off in joy while Fekete's family sat there distraught. I know it's natural but can you imagine? Seeing a loved one get sparked would be hard enough without hearing someone a few feet away almost having an orgasm over it.

that's something many people don't even consider when watching a fight but showing families distraught after a fight is tough to watch, MMA don't really do it, but big time boxing fights throw that stuff down you're throat, it all adds to drama but it's morbidly fascinating. Who'll ever forget Ricky Hatton's girlfriend reacting to the Pacquiao knockout? she reacted like he'd been killed?

• Paid Members
Who'll ever forget Ricky Hatton's girlfriend reacting to the Pacquiao knockout? she reacted like he'd been killed?

For the first 10 seconds or so it looked as though he had.

The irony was when Pacquiao himself got KO'd by Marquez and Pacman looked dead, they immediately cut to Manny's wife screaming in horror. It's quite uncomfortable viewing.

I think the intimacy of the UFC gym would have added to what I was saying too. If your husband/son/brother whatever gets KO'd in a big arena, with the crowd going nuts, that's hard enough. But you wouldn't be sat next to the opponent's family and hearing them cheering the KO. In that intimate setting it must have felt really awkward.

• Paid Members

Awesome. Nick the Face is the bollocks for these trailers. Never fails to get me excited. My nipples have gone all hard and everything.

I love this bit:

Look, the bottom line is, he needs me. He hasn't beat anybody...until he beats me. He beat Bader. He beat Shogun. He beat that glorified Hollywood extra. He needs me. And I AM the man. And I'm the man because I say I'm the man.

• Paid Members
Did anyone catch the interview Joe Rogan had with both Jones & Sonnen last night on FX? It's clear that Sonnen has tweaked his "gimmick" somewhat going into the Ultimate Fighter, which isn't going to please some.

To be fair David, he hasn't. He's always insisted that he won't trash someone if he doesn't truly mean it. It unfortunately seems that he's taking the Brian Stann approach as it appears to respect Jones.

• Paid Members

I think Chael's nice guy pally pally approach has kind of thrown Jones off a bit. I reckon Jones was expecting, like most people, that Chael would be the same as he was with Anderson in the build up to their fights. The way Chael went on in the aftermath of the UFC 151 cancellation certainly suggested he would. I think Chael's made a concerted effort to fluster Jones by being overly nice. Kill him with kindness.

I'm not saying it's all fake, they probably do genuinely get on quite well but I find it interesting how Chael's gone from slagging Jones at every opportunity to acting like his best mate. From one extreme to another. It has to be some attempt at mind games. Dana kind of hinted something like that at one of the media scrums over the weekend. Could be bullshit to keep the viewers interest but we'll see what happens.

I think it's partly genuine-partly an attempt on Chael's part to get some kind of edge. Anything. Won't make a difference when the cage door shuts but I guess anything's worth a try.

It was still a great interview from Sonnen, he did a great job hyping the actual TUF fights and putting over the fighters on the show.

That it was. He'll eventually make a better colour man than he ever could a fighter.

Jones just looked clueless and out of his depth, mumbling vague answers.

Come on now, that's harsh. He came out with the standard answers that fighters come out with, but he hardly mumbled them or looked clueless. Jones is articulate and well spoken, he's just not a promo guy, he's a fighter.

It was still a great interview from Sonnen, he did a great job hyping the actual TUF fights and putting over the fighters on the show.

That it was. He'll eventually make a better colour man than he ever could a fighter.

I have to admit, listening to him on Saturday I thought exactly the same thing, in fact I remarked my sister that he should take over from my Michael Cole on Raw. I know you where referring to MMA but I think he would make a great wrestling commentator.

Archived