Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

IIRC, Meltzer was saying WWE were proper pissed off when he brought up Chyna to Triple H, seeing as it led to her resurfacing and saying all sorts of nasty stuff about our man, Triple H.

To be fair, it was a stupid question of him to even ask, and pointless outside of the "OMG HE MENTIONED CHYNA" sleaze factor. I'm sure some dreg tweeted or emailed him the suggestion, but were people really crying out for Chyna to go in the Hall of Fame? Her video blogs and stuff afterwards were proper mental, has she got a big social media following that campaigns for her and encourages her behaviour?

• Paid Members

I don't know. Chyna was part of a decent chunk of Triple H's career, so it was somewhat relevant to ask such a figure about her - it wasn't totally out of left field. Granted, I too would have stayed well clear of asking it, knowing full well how much of a mess she is and that she takes it up the arse for a fiver.

• Paid Members

Austin has struggled for guests recently, but I think that's partly been because he spent a good portion of last month at his ranch in the middle of nowhere, which makes arranging and doing guest interviews more difficult for him. So you just get stories about RV's and raccoons for a month instead. The guests have picked up since he's been back in LA, he's got Dixie Carter on this week which could be interesting depending on how he approaches that one. Shane Douglas was only telling Austin just how clueless she was on last week's show.

Even when Austin's show is just him talking to his wife about how smelly his farts are, I still find him better to listen to than a lot of stuff out there. Saying that, Talk'n Shop is pretty much my favourite podcast at the moment and that's just half an hour of farts, burps and cock torture, so that probably tells you something about my sophisticated tastes.

• Paid Members

To be fair, it was a stupid question of him to even ask, and pointless outside of the "OMG HE MENTIONED CHYNA" sleaze factor. I'm sure some dreg tweeted or emailed him the suggestion, but were people really crying out for Chyna to go in the Hall of Fame? Her video blogs and stuff afterwards were proper mental, has she got a big social media following that campaigns for her and encourages her behaviour?

Austin got into this habbit of reading the internet. But the really shit sections of the internet, where people are debating why there arent any Canadian stars anymore, like Dino Bravo. I assume Austin was so chuffed with his "PG sux" level praise when he asked about Randy Savage and CM Punk, he tried to get controversial by asking HHH about Chyna. Which was a huge misfire. She was a name nobody on earth really cares about anymore. She isn't a Goldberg or a Macho Man. She's one in a long line of divas. Just not as popular as Lita or Trish.

Austin should never have humanized himself with chatting to people like Wade Keller and doing phone ins. Doing a podcast is fine, but the same people who call Bryan Alvarez's show call into Steve Austins. And that's just not right.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Dixie can't believe half the stuff she says. She just can't. Some utter gems of spin/delusion on the Austin podcast including saying losing Hogan, Flair, Sting etc was part of their plan to focus more on their own stars and that taping months of TV at a time is to allow them to market the shows properly. Insert your own jokes here.

• Paid Members

Austin should never have humanized himself with chatting to people like Wade Keller and doing phone ins. Doing a podcast is fine, but the same people who call Bryan Alvarez's show call into Steve Austins. And that's just not right.

I like his chats with Keller or Meltzer, but you're right about the phone-ins. Saying that, nobody should be doing phone-ins for wrestling fans. When Alvarez does it, it's just an unbearable string of fucking idiots and perverts calling in, every single time. Those shows attract some real weirdos.

• Awards Moderator

Unfortunately a lot of the front end of the Dixie chat is college football and country music, fucking catnip to johnnyboy but nails in the ears to me.

Not bad for a first attempt, though Flair is the same as every other wrestler with a podcast (bar Austin) in that he needs to learn not to make it about himself. There were times he completely talked over Angle to tell a story of his own. Nothing new from Angle, just the usual spin on why he didn't go back to the WWE or join UFC.

Dixie can't believe half the stuff she says. She just can't. Some utter gems of spin/delusion on the Austin podcast including saying losing Hogan, Flair, Sting etc was part of their plan to focus more on their own stars and that taping months of TV at a time is to allow them to market the shows properly. Insert your own jokes here.

I liked the bit where she says she has the upmost respect for her wrestlers, wants to pay them more and have a happy working environment. Then five minutes later, says she went to her lawyers to see if she can give them lie detector tests because information keeps getting leaked to the dirtsheets.

Just dropping this here - after a one week break, Squared Circle Gazette Radio is back as we return to our History of the Monday Night War Timeline, complete with notes from the Wrestling Observer Newsletters of the era.

This week the panel covers from July through to the end of September, talking the heel turn of Hulk Hogan, the early days of the nWo, Shawn Michaels' struggles as WWF champion, great angles and promos, WWF desperation with fake Razors and Diesels, as well as a look at a lot of numbers that tell the story blow by blow. A great show this week, check it out, and as always, let us know what you think!

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/2axgr8/SCGRadio39-TheMondayNightWarin1996-Part2.mp3