Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Awards Moderator
Besides 'Where the big boys play' and 'OSW Review' is there any podcasts out there that review older WCW PPV's and WWF shows from the 80's/mid 90's.

The Giant Bomb one is excellent but, ahem, you're supposed to pay.

They're text-based but the LegitShook archive is tremendous fun.

• Paid Members

Some podcasts when reviewing old shows seem to want to be arses for the sake of it. I was listening to a review of Survivor Series 98 on one recently, and it was just a shocking lack of understanding of why the show was so great. Everyone wants to be a knob it seems. Even when reviewing old shows. Sometimes you have to admire a show for being perfect for its time. And at that moment, when it wasn't over exposed, the runs in and the swerves and the turns made the absolute most sense for that show.

Joe Gagne and Justin Shapiro's WWF yearly reviews through the 90s are by a long way the best and funniest podcasts on the internet. Shapiro is especially hilarious on it. They are clever as well. Giving a take on what a modern day version of certain events be. The latest being working out what a modern version of the 1995 Wild Card Match would be.

http://www.thecubsfan.com/cat/joe-vs-the-world/

• Paid Members

I know what you mean, I love Review A Wai for example, but when I'm right in the middle of watching a run of shows from 1992 and they're just picking a random show to review, it really grates when they don't have the context to fully understand why a Nailz or Warrior for example was so fucking brilliant.

Appreciate the Joe Gagne recommendation though, love his Fun Time Arcade so will check his podcast out.

Besides 'Where the big boys play' and 'OSW Review' is there any podcasts out there that review older WCW PPV's and WWF shows from the 80's/mid 90's.

I'll jump in here to shill this podcast that I started a few weeks ago;

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/new-gen...d749154884?mt=2

It's still early days and I'm learning to edit so it's a bit rough in places, but will hopefully improve!

Joe Gagne and Justin Shapiro's WWF yearly reviews through the 90s are by a long way the best and funniest podcasts on the internet. Shapiro is especially hilarious on it. They are clever as well. Giving a take on what a modern day version of certain events be. The latest being working out what a modern version of the 1995 Wild Card Match would be.

http://www.thecubsfan.com/cat/joe-vs-the-world/

Brilliant recommendation! Never even heard of these but tried the 1990 one and was pissing myself! Thank God for Beefcake's parasailing disaster or Shawn would have just ended up shoving Marty off the little interview platform. Will be through these in no time. Thanks for the heads up Ian.

• 3 weeks later...
I said I'd never do it, but I just got into it with Court Bauer and some tart off Konnan's podcast on twitter, because Konnan is a homophobe and brags about assaulting women. A bunch of fucking loonies. Never get into Twittah Warz. Its a waste of time.
Konan's a cretin. I usually look in on what Cubs and Rob Bihari are up to on twitter and you can only shake your head at most of the shit he comes out with and generally just how he comes across in all their run-ins. And that's even without the homophobia and misogyny. He ain't got much up top, that's for sure. You know there's something not quite right when a 50 year old man acts like a teenage gangster wannabe. Also, his patter's just excrutiating.

Added to the fact he was one of the worst wrestlers around (after 95), and isn't much better as a booker, he's probably my least favourite person in all of wrestling.

• Paid Members

It's still early days and I'm learning to edit so it's a bit rough in places, but will hopefully improve!

Have you got a non Itunes link for this? Might give it a listen.

Have you got a non Itunes link for this? Might give it a listen.

We have a Soundcloud page, hope that's good for you.

https://soundcloud.com/newgenpodcast

• Paid Members
OSW Review stopping at Summerslam 92 (understandably) has pretty much ruined my watching of old PPV's.

I started watching their reviews on YouTube. They're really good. They've done a brilliant job with the editing and telling some of the backstory. The guys who review it are pretty laid back and can be amusing.

The only criticism is something Ian mentioned up the thread. They often don't have an understanding of the time. I get the impression that they are too young for the era so it's a bit out of context sometimes.

I'm gonna try those Joe Gagne ones.

I said I'd never do it, but I just got into it with Court Bauer and some tart off Konnan's podcast on twitter, because Konnan is a homophobe and brags about assaulting women. A bunch of fucking loonies. Never get into Twittah Warz. Its a waste of time.

Good on you for speaking up about it. I couldn