Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Anybody listened to JTG on JR's show. Nothing to write home about but has JR's face fell over again or was it just one of his drunker episodes? I'm not a regular listener to the show but his general craic veered more to the slurring side and not. Notably when not being sure how to react to his mate Cornette slapping Santino about, and when he is comparing Vince to Oprah and Michael Jackson (as slightly eccentric millionaires) and deems it neccesary to mention he didn't just pick them as examples because they were both black (!). He pulls a rant about Ryback's recent payment complaint out his arse too, just to be able to take the piss a bit. JTG doesn't bite so he switches off his "office" head and tries to stay more centrist on it.

JTG always seems like a lovely fella doesn't he. I haven't read those books hes released telling tales of his WWE days, but I assume that's sacked off his chances of ever coming back and making up the numbers in NXT. Fairs fair, he kept his job for yonks didn't he.

NEWM, read those books! Very amateurish writing and short but great fun and insightful, I'd recommend them as highly as any wrestling book out there.

I'd love to see JTG or Cryme Tyme back when the rosters split. He's no world champion but there's a lot more value in him than they got out.

• Paid Members

Listening to JTG you get the sense he was shafted because Shad was such an utter mentalist. If JTG had come in now through NXT he'd probably have had a great chance at being a top guy. Great look, charismatic, decent worker.

Edited by LaGoosh

Listening to JTG you get the sense he was shafted because Shad was such an utter mentalist. If JTG had come in now through NXT he'd probably have had a great chance at being a top guy. Great look, charismatic, decent worker.

Are you joking? Great look? He's about two foot.

Just to drop this in here, the latest Squared Circle Gazette Radio is now up, as we get litigious in Small Claims Court! Rather than tackle one issue like our regular "trial" shows, we debate - Was WWF wrong to give Shawn Michaels the Intercontinental Title in 1992? Was Jeff Jarrett truly guilty of extortion against the WWF in October 1999? Were the New Age Outlaws guilty of general harrassment as an act? Were the WWF guilty of negligence by not pushing Tazz in 2000? Are "smart" wrestling fans guilty of fraud for being parodies of themselves at WWE shows? And is WWE guilty of false advertising by hiding behind the veil of "Sports Entertainment"? An extremely fun show this week, check it out and let us know what you think!

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/cccq8x/SCG_Radio_88_-_Small_Claims_Court.mp3

Magnus' 2 Russo podcasts are deliciously open and honest. Some highlights are...

*Magnus (the GFW Champion) calling it GWF

*The Bischoff story

*Russo getting a hard on for Magnus ripping that Garbuick fella a new arsehole

Well worth a listen.

• Paid Members

anyone else listen to Russo's Podcast One shows? ive been following since they started and enjoy The Swerve & Lions, Tigers, Bears...or whatever it's called. Good stuff, i'll always have time for Russo.

• Paid Members

I recently worked on a podcast/audio story on Les Kellett with Colt Cabana for his Pro Wrestling Fringe series on subscription site Howl.FM. You can listen to it here for free as part of his regular Art of Wrestling podcast (or get it through the usual AoW feed):

https://soundcloud.com/coltcabana/aow-howl-presents-pro-wrestling-fringe-laugh-til-it-hurts

If you like it and want to hear more Pro Wrestling Fringe, you can get a month's free membership at Howl.FM with the offer code COLT.