Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Funny little story here. Harley Race attacked by a group of 4 guys. He grabs the nearest one, pops his eyeball out, turns the guy round, which horrifies the others & then proceeds to use the man as a human shield, whilst he gets back to safety. Cornette reads the story out, but it comes from someone who worked at Harley's wrestling school. Take it from around the 6-minute mark.

• Paid Members
On 7/29/2020 at 10:04 PM, garynysmon said:

I've started listening to Sean Oliver's podcast (of Kayfabe Commentaries fame)

The first episode is quite fascinating as he has Conrad Thomson on (who comes across as a bit of a douche). But its an interesting listen as what KC does has almost been made obsolete by the rise of podcasts.

https://kayfabepodcast.podbean.com/e/episode-001-conrad-thompson-meets-sean/

No more dick bag :(

i listened to a few, Oliver's quite a dour host though, its a decent listen but the downbeat nature puts me off sticking it on regular.

Always loved the KC stuff though.

• Paid Members

Decided to give the New Day podcast a try as I was running short of new stuff to listen to whilst working from home.

The first couple of episodes are worth a listen at very least, IMO - the first being the story of their formation as a group and the second basically being 45 minutes of them pissing themselves over the list of names creative pitched for the group. One of the names pitched is genuinely jaw-dropping considering the composition of the group.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Statto said:

Decided to give the New Day podcast a try as I was running short of new stuff to listen to whilst working from home.

The first couple of episodes are worth a listen at very least, IMO - the first being the story of their formation as a group and the second basically being 45 minutes of them pissing themselves over the list of names creative pitched for the group. One of the names pitched is genuinely jaw-dropping considering the composition of the group.

For those of us who aren't going to listen to the entire thing to hear a name, what was it?

3 hours ago, pitseleh said:

What are the lads of The New Generation Podcast up to? I've only got a few episodes left to go and I wondered if they did any other podcasts after wrapping up NGP. 

I don't want to speak for him, but Stuart suffers/suffered from depression quite seriously towards the end, and I think it was a massive effort to make the pod.

Definitely still my favourite wrestling pod, and provided me with some much needed humour at a really shit point in my life.

They're all on Twitter, but Stuart rarely posts, if you were curious enough to want to ask them I guess.

Yeah, I’m just finishing up listening to the whole podcast again. Their hysterical laughter describing the post-match of Shamrock/Bulldog at Summerslam 97 is still one of the funniest things I’ve ever heard.

Stuart was still posting occasionally on Instagram until recently, but it looks like he’s deleted his account now.

3 hours ago, pitseleh said:

Ah, that's a shame. I'd say it's probably my favourite wrestling podcast that's done by fans. It's up there with SCG Radio and Wrestle Me. I've had a look on their Twitters and it seems they're all done with podcasting.

Podcasting is really time consuming if your not one of these “two guys just sit and chat shit” type of shows, and especially If you’re just doing it as a hobby and not making a living from it. Getting an episode out every 2 weeks or so was a real accomplishment.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

100%. As much as I love Scrivens and Adam, they did pretty much fuck all except watch the footage and make some notes.

Stuarts research and detail, on top of a full time job, was admirable. Was obviously a labour of love for him, and it's a shame it ended the way it did as I'm sure there was more to give.

Stuart suffered from some serious bouts of depression during their run, as has been mentioned. It's a shame they're not continuing, but they got to WrestleMania XIV which was their natural end point, anyway. How many podcasts have suffered by going back to the well too much? 

The research and care he put into their episodes was incredible. Hugely in depth (three hours for the big shows) without being Lapsed Fan levels of ludicrous (a million hours for every show). It's the only thing I've ever loved for censoring cuss words. Once they get into 97, the increasingly risque nature of the content when clashed with the guys dry, family friendly shtick was an endless source of amusement. They never reneged on the original style, never hammed up their personalities, never got too self referential or outrageous. 

Just good, funny wrestling chat and a few running gags that developed quietly and wonderfully. My favourite being that one fan who wrote into every, single caption competition or suggestion prompt to cram in an American Males reference.