UKFF Hip Hop Thread

Chest Rockwell

59 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Ffs

Don't feel so bad about spamming this thread with early 00s indie hip hop that no one read about now.

@wandshogun09 Gave the Che Noir album a listen and it's really bloody great, so cheers for the heads up.

Not too sure what's out today, but this has been the tune I've been playing the most this week. This tune sounds like a car creeping down a street at 3am seeking out a house to rob. Benny The Butcher is fucking wicked. "You give your man hope when you give that man dope, to feed his family, that's mandatory when your man broke"

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

This tune sounds like a car creeping down a street at 3am seeking out a house to rob. Benny The Butcher is fucking wicked. "You give your man hope when you give that man dope, to feed his family, that's mandatory when your man broke"

Benny’s a beast. This popped up today as well.

‘It’s Over’ by Benny, Rick Hyde and Heem;

His new project is out next Friday as well.

Conway’s long talked about ‘From King To A God’ album is out on 7th August as well. With the obvious features from Benny & Westside Gunn plus Havoc, Freddie Gibbs, Flee Lord, El Camino...and Drake. Seen some mentions of a Method Man feature as well but he wasn’t on the track lists I’ve seen floating about. 

• Paid Members

Raekwon looks back at his Only Built 4 Cuban Linx album 25 years later;

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/raekwon-wu-tang-clan-interview-cuban-linx-1234719374/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

All time classic that’s probably in most’s Top 10 (if not Top 5) hip hop albums of all time. Definitely one of my favourites, one of those albums I’ll happily play all the way through every now and then with no skips. And certain tracks I listen to pretty regularly.

I know there’s only about 5 of us who read/post in here but what’s your favourite song off this album? There’s a few for me. ‘Ice Cream’, ‘Incarcerated Scarfaces’, ‘Rainy Dayz’ and ‘Wu Gambinos’ are all incredible.

If I have to choose just one though, I love ‘Guillotine’;

”Poisonous paragraphs smash your phonograph in half it be the Inspectah Deck on the warpath. First class, leavin’ mics with a cast. Causin’ ruckus like the aftermath when guns blast.”

That’s just the opening. Inspectah Deck, Ghostface, Raekwon and GZA all kill it and I always loved the beat. GZA’s closing verse is one of my favourite Wu verses too.

Ice Cream purely for the way RZA flips some of those 'samples'. There was a small discussion on here a while back about it. I'd put this up as RZA's best production as well. One of my favourite samples ever.

It's also got a great chorus, which is harder to find in hip hop than it should be.  Actually, Wu have always had great choruses to be honest.

On a slightly different note, I found this dude on YouTube recently who just puts together mixes and playlists. @Chest Rockwell I reckon some of these would be right up your street.

https://www.youtube.com/c/NicolaArmellin

• Paid Members

New Conway track from his upcoming album.

‘Lemon’ featuring Method Man;

Wu-Tang meets Griselda. I love Method Man on this. Well, on anything really. I definitely want to hear more of him over Daringer production though.

Been getting into Ty Farris recently as well. This song ‘Tyrant Talk’ has been the standout so far for me;

”My clients cop 44s in corridors, they might find your body on a episode of Storage Wars.”

Yeah, that Conway track left me a bit underwhelmed, but they both sound great.

The Griselda lads are verging on over exposure, but saying that, the Benny The Butcher presents Mixtape/EP thing (Gangsta Grillz) that came out on Friday is really decent. Not every bloody track needs that "These are the real Sopranos" sample though.

This is so Premier-by-numbers as well isn't it?

That Ty Farris track however is wicked. Not heard much from him, but will definitely check out more, nice one @wandshogun09

"Two n**gas fronting, that's two L's, no cannabis" Lovely

• Paid Members

Method Man definitely stole that track. He’s ace.

I hear you Chest on Daringer. I like his stuff myself but it does all sound a bit samey. I like Method Man on those dark sounding beats though. 

Here’s another Ty Farris @SuperBacon, ‘Came A Long Way’ feat. Lil Fame & 38 Spesh;