The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members
It's a little indelicate, but do we know what he died from?

Looks like a blood clot.

Just came across this at Wrestling Heritage. I never realised the unmasking was advertised in advance, let alone being the main draw on a show:

unmasking%2077.jpg

to save me looking, why does Inoki do the slapping thing?

I believe it is something to do with getting slapped by a wrestler is a good thing. There was a big thing on here once about cultural differences between here and Japan after a vid was posted of Musawa slapping loads of teenagers really hard. The debate centred on assault of a minor.

EDIT - Actually sorry, Ebb, that doesn't answer your question at all.

Edited by Keith Houchen

RE: The Slap.

During one visit to a school in the 80's, Inoki was punched twice by a student. Inoki slapped the student across the face, knocking him down. The student, who later turned out to be an Inoki fan, then rose, bowed deeply, and thanked Inoki for the slap. The incident became very famous as the then live clip of the binta (slap in the face) was shown many times on Japanese television. Now various celebrities and even common people in Japan ask Inoki to slap them to install courage or even as some sort of strange blessing. The slap's name is the "Fighting Spirit (or Toukon) Slap." (闘魂ビンタ)

Edited by Rule One