The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

I bet Dixon had some wrestling turtles in the 90s for All Star.

He did. He had Power Rangers as well. Sold knock off Power Rangers at the table as well, to all the kids. All Star wrestling was a car boot sale first and wrestling promotion second.

i used to be a power ranger for dixon... yay good times

Didn't Brookside say he used to be a Ranger too in "The Wrestling"

I bet Dixon had some wrestling turtles in the 90s for All Star.

He did. He had Power Rangers as well. Sold knock off Power Rangers at the table as well, to all the kids. All Star wrestling was a car boot sale first and wrestling promotion second.

i used to be a power ranger for dixon... yay good times

Didn't Brookside say he used to be a Ranger too in "The Wrestling"

think dixon had loads of lads do it i know 3 so yeah he probably did think doc dean did it too as i remember

That's how Phil Powers got his name, didn't he? Started out doing the Power Ranger gimmick in the 90s.

No it isn't. I was MC for Phil's first ever match and he called himself Phil Powers then (1994). He wouldn't have started working for Dixon until after the Power Reslin Ranger (to give the gimmick its full and legal name, ahem) had run its course.

• Paid Members

CkOqkoVUUAAe1AT.jpg

The line up of the first ever PWG Battle Of Los Angeles. A weird mix of guys who retired and completely disappeared and some of the future biggest names in the business.

From right to left: "Photogenic" Chris Bosh, "The Professional" Scott Lost, Joey Ryan, Super Dragon, Jack Evans, AJ Styles, Jamie Noble, Daniel Bryan, Quicksilver, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Rocky Romero, Ricky Reyes, Davey Richards, Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian

• Paid Members

Saw that photo on Twitter the other day - there was a daft amount of talent about on the indies in that period. It's probably my favourite year of ROH but I didn't see much PWG so I'm going to grab that show now. Haven't a clue who won either.

• Paid Members

Christopher Daniels always had the worst timing. When WCW were hiring, they werent out of business and now when the indy workers of his era are getting the big opportunities, he's to old. Sad deal.

At least you can't take the fact that he was FWA champion away from him.