Dirty Eddie Posted August 29, 2013 Posted August 29, 2013 It's mad to think how differently they might have treated Brodus entering WWE if it hadn't been in the more family-friendly era of today. They could have done some amazing pre-debut vignettes with footage and photos of him working with Snoop and looking like the hardest bastard on the planet. Hanging out with famous Rap stars at famous clubs, dealing with any trouble and looking like a total Player. Snoop would probably have been on board too as he seems to be down with the wrestling (wasn't he a RAW guest host once?). Shame he's a dancing comedy fat-man now. They did exactly that with the original version of Brodus Clay when he was introduced on NXT. It got over a bit, but not massively. It led to him being Del Rios 'muscle', which was the ideal use of that form of Brodus Clay really. You are right they did do a little bit of that, but a few mentions on NXT isn't really what I meant. His past was a total gift and could have been used far more in theory, though I'd imagine these days they wouldn't want to put over the drugs/guns/gangsta lifestyle stuff too much so it wasn't really an option. If he'd rocked up a decade ago he could have been like a more dangerous "Godfather" character (the Pimp wrestler, not Brando). I liked him fine as ADR's muscle actually.
Paid Members SpiritOfTheForest Posted August 29, 2013 Paid Members Posted August 29, 2013 That is pretty amazing.
Paid Members Tommy! Posted August 29, 2013 Paid Members Posted August 29, 2013 Does any one have that photo of Stevie getting checked out after that looking really, really pissed? I do wish I'd saved it when I had the chance.
LSM Posted August 31, 2013 Posted August 31, 2013 A couple of recent pics of the former Kharma. A fair amount of weight dropped.
d-d-d-dAz Posted August 31, 2013 Posted August 31, 2013 That's a shame. I mean, it's probably great for her health, but she couldn't look less like a wrestler. She's in a sort of female wrestler Siberia, where she's not fit enough to look like an athlete and not fat enough to look intimidating. Sad.
Paid Members Thunderplex Posted August 31, 2013 Paid Members Posted August 31, 2013 Where are these toys from. They look like some poundland rip-off line, but the sculpts are excellent.
Vegeta Posted August 31, 2013 Posted August 31, 2013 Haha that Stevie and Masters pic is great. Wow that Awesome Kong weight loss is crazy, she was not that skinny in the Youshoot.
SuperstarNeilC Posted August 31, 2013 Posted August 31, 2013 Where are these toys from. They look like some poundland rip-off line, but the sculpts are excellent. They're done by an artist called Fugazi http://kotaku.com/5445840/a-winner-is-thes...stling-figures/
Paid Members Thunderplex Posted August 31, 2013 Paid Members Posted August 31, 2013 Where are these toys from. They look like some poundland rip-off line, but the sculpts are excellent. They're done by an artist called Fugazi http://kotaku.com/5445840/a-winner-is-thes...stling-figures/ Thanks for that.
Richie Freebird Posted August 31, 2013 Posted August 31, 2013 This particular character would look right at home amongst the rest of the baddies off He Man, I reckon.
Sexy Dad Posted August 31, 2013 Posted August 31, 2013 Not very topical now that Ryback is alive and bullying poor souls across the land but amused me non the less. Also, I never noticed that Reigns didn't have his full tattoo sleeve when he debuted, I wonder how soon he was bumping around after getting that done.
Paid Members Benno Posted August 31, 2013 Paid Members Posted August 31, 2013 The lads. Edit: Missed this was already in the DDP thread, so heres the other completions sake.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.