The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

I'm genuinely struggling to understand why there was even more than one microphone there. I'm a reasonably old man but even I don't remember wrestling ever being so big that genuine news teams would turn up to press conferences.

I'm sure it's simply to give the look of it being a big important thing. Skeevone looks like he's buying it, Ross looks like he knows it's all a load of shite. Actually, maybe Ross sneakily put that WWF one in there as a little "fuck you, I'm off soon" message.

I'm genuinely struggling to understand why there was even more than one microphone there. I'm a reasonably old man but even I don't remember wrestling ever being so big that genuine news teams would turn up to press conferences.

WCW put them there to make themselves look a big deal. It's a fake press conference!

• Paid Members
WCW put them there to make themselves look a big deal. It's a fake press conference!

Given the context of the picture I think it's likely to make the NWA seem like the massive all-encompassing overlords of the whole of rasslin' in the States as they were still desperately trying to be potrayed as, in turn letting WcW turn around and go "look, they let us host their tag title tournament! We MUST be the tits!"

• Paid Members

Stolen shamelessly from the Eve leaving thread, but I reckon it fits here and some might not have seen it.

Kaitlyn dressed as the Warrior :

kaitlyndestructicity.jpg

• Awards Moderator
Stolen shamelessly from the Eve leaving thread, but I reckon it fits here and some might not have seen it.

Kaitlyn dressed as the Warrior :

kaitlyndestructicity.jpg

I know how annoying it is when people quote pictures again and again, but I believe in this instance it is acceptable. Kaitlyn is wonderful :love:

Guy posted this on the WrestlingClassics.com board. A WWF microphone was spotted when WCW announced that NWA tag-team title tournament in 1992.

nve4bp.jpg

Anymore to this story?

Tony took it for giggles. JR returned it, rewarded with a toga.