Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I'm not one to follow the company's narrative, but I've always considered Austin to be #1 during the late 90's/early 2000's with the Rock a strong second and in a position to step up to the plate at any time. Austin has a better back story I suppose, having come up through the dying embers of the territorial days whereas the Rock pretty much went from playing American Football to being given a WWF contract. 

Its probably all to do with Austin's major role in helping turn around the number two company while Rocky's main event push came when they were already the clear top dog.

(Hulk is still the biggest star of all time though)

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Foley's reaching here. The ESPN guy was making a twatty wrestlings fake joke. He wasn't attacking Owen's son.

Edited by Rob Lowe

I went to an NXT show last (in a bingo hall- 3 miles from my house!) and it was really enjoyable!

Very small crowd and very informal - would definitely go again and since they are in town every 3 weeks should have plenty of opportunity- bargain for $10.

Pleased I got to see Nakamura before his inevitable call-up and surprised at how super over he was with the pretty red neck crowd, but they loooooved him!

If anyone in Southampton's interested, there's a shop upstairs in the Marlands selling loose Hasbros. I think the handwritten sign said 2 for £8.

I noticed Akeem and Green DiBiase amongst others. Not sure if Ted had his belt. They also had a ring but I didn't hang about long enough to see a price for that, as a shop worker was threatening to speak to me.