Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Had he not purpoted to be such a knob to deal with then in an alternate reality, 2000 WCW would easily have been the year of Vampiro, for me. He was something the crowds were clamouring for. If he actually lived up to his own billing at that time and had he not been booked into weird angles with ICP on the low end of the card and worse angles with Sting on the top end I think - again in an alternate reality - he could have been a huge deal.

He should have had a massive, logical push as being the rising new #1 baby of that promotion. Then when you put the title on him you can pull the trigger on him being a heel if you fancy and you have a dark, highly manipulative guy for a face Sting or even some new guys in the fold to be chasing throughout the fall.

He could have been good babyface foil to Steiner's run with the belt as well, I reckon.

What does "Play Hard in the Paint" mean? On any level?

As above its a basketball phrase. Paint is the free throw lane under the basket. The phrase is used to describe the physical play you get between the players scrapping for the ball there. Alot of rappers like to use the phrase as they our basketball fans so its made its way to other media. See also things like "throwing elbows in the paint".

• Paid Members

What does "Play Hard in the Paint" mean? On any level?

Sounds like a euphemism for doing someone hard up the sludger.

No it doesn't, it's a basketball phrase as so eloquently described above.

I know it is, but I think it also sounds like said euphemism.

• Moderators

Watching 2000 stuff, and the American Badass is light years cooler than the annoying old deadman. Better music and avengers on Harley's (like Reno Raines). fucking rule.. Always not had time for the deadman, or any supernatural gimmick as they are all arse, but love American Badass.