Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

The idea that a gimmick battle royal with people from 2006 would be the same product distance as X-Sevens was to 1991 is terrifying.

• Paid Members

The idea that a gimmick battle royal with people from 2006 would be the same product distance as X-Sevens was to 1991 is terrifying.

It is when you write it like that. You're generally talking about seriously younger people though. In1991, you turned up in the WWF with a gimmick to hide the fact you'd worked everywhere for the previous 15 years. IN 2006, you turned up with a gimmick to hide the fact that you'd only been in OVW for a year.

• Paid Members

He's a shoo-in if they ever do a third Gimmick Battle Royal, which I sort of hope they do.

When was the second (assuming WM X7 was the first)?

I seriously love battle royals and rumbles filled with ridiculous colourful cartoon characters.

Who'd everyone book in a post WM X-7 gimmick battle royal? Got a few but after that I am struggling due to the lack of colourful gimmicks from the period...

Boogeyman

Santino Marella

Lord Tensai

The Hurricane

Kevin Thorn

Vladimir Kozlov

Hornswoggle

The ECW Zombie

Great Khali

• Paid Members

Couldn't have the ECW Zombie, he passed away (for real) a few years ago.

For Gimmick Battle Royals, it wouldn't be too difficult to get some one-off appearances:

Pirate Paul Burchill

Kenzo Suzuki

Sylvain Grenier doing his model gimmick

Simon Dean

Mean Street Posse

Doink

Eugene

The Mexicools

Balls Mahoney

Torri Wilsons dad, back from the dead.

Second one was on a Raw special. I remember Bart Gunn being in it and still in great shape.

Torri Wilsons dad, back from the dead.

Second one was on a Raw special. I remember Bart Gunn being in it and still in great shape.

• Paid Members

Have Brutus Beefcake come in and get eliminated in seconds then repeat with every one of his other gimmicks.

And have Lombardi do the same with the Brooklyn Brawler, Kimchee, Doink and Abe "Knuckleball" Schwarz.

• Awards Moderator

He's a shoo-in if they ever do a third Gimmick Battle Royal, which I sort of hope they do.

I seriously love battle royals and rumbles filled with ridiculous colourful cartoon characters.

It was on the Raw 15th anniversary show. You had Goon, Repo, Doink and Sarge returning from the first one, but otherwise it had a more Attitude-y tinge to it - Steve Blackman, Pete Gas, Scotty 2 Hotty, Al Snow, Gangrel I think, and Bart Gunn as mentioned.

Can't remember who won but I'm fairly sure they sold the victory to the Million Dollar Man, who should have gone down in the books as the winner.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

It was on the Raw 15th anniversary show. You had Goon, Repo, Doink and Sarge returning from the first one, but otherwise it had a more Attitude-y tinge to it - Steve Blackman, Pete Gas, Scotty 2 Hotty, Al Snow, Gangrel I think, and Bart Gunn as mentioned.

Can't remember who won but I'm fairly sure they sold the victory to the Million Dollar Man, who should have gone down in the books as the winner.

I do kinda remember that, actually. That's my Network viewing for tonight sorted, then.