Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Heyman on commentary in 2001 was just a joy to behold.

Been watching alot of 2001 Raws and the man is awesome, to the point were he may be better than 98-00 Lawler, Lawler was great but Heyman is great and in context to what is going on too.

Im upto the 1st week of June in 2001 and i know the Invasion is coming because Lance Storm and Hugh Morris have hit their finishers in mid card matches.

I thought I was done with wrestling. I hadn't watched a show in over a year, and every time I tried I just couldn't stick.

Turns out, I just hadn't watched NXT.

Ignorantly, I thought it was some indie cobblers that wouldn't interest me but fucking hell, it's a proper wrestling show.

Abysmally late to the party, but I'm enjoying wrestling again. It's a beautiful feeling.

Also, it's really strange watching a show full of over wrestlers.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I thought I was done with wrestling. I hadn't watched a show in over a year, and every time I tried I just couldn't stick.

Turns out, I just hadn't watched NXT.

Ignorantly, I thought it was some indie cobblers that wouldn't interest me but fucking hell, it's a proper wrestling show.

Abysmally late to the party, but I'm enjoying wrestling again. It's a beautiful feeling.

Also, it's really strange watching a show full of over wrestlers.

Welcome to me, September 2014. Lucha Underground is back next week, too, that's definitely worth your time.

• Paid Members

That article is incredible. One of the best wrestling related articles I've ever read. Cecile Barker has to be the biggest mug ever. Hogan had him finance every shit venture he farted out. I wonder if he was behind that proposed Bischoff and Hogan start up in 2007, where Hogan said he had money backers to get it off the ground?

Where did they find this cunt? Who on earth would buy Hogan's line of bullshit to the point of funding his daughters music career and a Paul Wight boxing career? Two things dead on arrival before you wrote the first cheque.

• Paid Members

Long article by David Bixenspan on Big Show's aborted boxing career in 2007: http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2016/1/20/10785762/paul-wight-wwe-boxing

That article is incredible. One of the best wrestling related articles I've ever read. Cecile Barker has to be the biggest mug ever. Hogan had him finance every shit venture he farted out. I wonder if he was behind that proposed Bischoff and Hogan start up in 2007, where Hogan said he had money backers to get it off the ground?

Where did they find this cunt? Who on earth would buy Hogan's line of bullshit to the point of funding his daughters music career and a Paul Wight boxing career? Two things dead on arrival before you wrote the first cheque.

Love that article, I had no idea there was still on-going legal actions about all that. Surely if they had a valid contract it wouldn't still be dragging on?

Echo these comments. That's an outstanding piece. It's long but worth reading for the sheer madness of it all. Hogan wanting to call show "The Great Wight" making Barker uncomfortable if he came up against black fighters is fantastic with hindsight.

Says much about the last 16 years of Show munging together but I can't even remember him being missing for any period. Remember the famous Mayweather angle coming off the Mysterio destruction but genuinely had no memory that was a return angle.

I've always wondered when and why he suddenly had a knockout punch. Did that come off the back of this or was he doing it already?

• Paid Members

Yeah, the KO punch originated after his boxing hiatus.

I think they'd wanted to get him away from the chokeslam as a finisher for a while (for some unknown reason, I've always thought it was a great move for him but guess maybe they wanted it more associated with the Brothers of Destruction?) as he'd trialled a couple of others before departing e.g. the "Final Cut", aka "Nightmare on Helms Street" or whatever it was called when he was The Hurricane.

EDIT: Quote's gone wonky for some reason but clear where I'm going, I think...

Edited by Statto