Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

USA want three hours of actual Raw. An hour with Adrian Neville and Baron Corbin is not the same as an hour with John Cena and Randy Orton. Plus it has the problem of "Raw would be great if it was only two hours and we wouldn't moan then" being a stupid fantasy that's disproven by every wrestling forum post made for an entire decade before Raw went to three hours.

Yeah, wrestling forums are notorious for being whiny cunts, and here especially we have our fair share. Thing is though, you can't deny that three hours has brought along way more negativity than ever before. Two hours wouldn't eliminate moaning, but it would drastically lessen it. The consensus used to roughly be that every few weeks, a 2 hour Raw was pretty good, with the surrounding ones ranging from okay to shit.

Now, we're lucky to get a handful of above-average Raws a year. Look at the awards voting, I don't know if a single person voted for Raw, and if they did, it's the vast minority. Raw used to be practically a shoe-in for TV show of the year.

The latest Ascension promo pretty much just says "Remember Legion of Doom and Demolition? That's us! Raaaaa!"

Its their only shot though isnt it? From what I remember seeing of them, their entrance is the only thing half decent about them. Their general look is pretty bad and I cant remember them being more than watchable in the ring. 

It just seems weird for the two guys to acknowledge it, it kind of makes the gimmick seem even falser because they're self aware. I don't know if it was done to undercut any rip-off talk, or if it's the like-me-by-association thing that every modern IC champion shoots for by referencing Mr Perfect and Shawn Michaels.

• Paid Members

Didn't the one who looks like a giant rat say something like "we snack on danger and dine on death"? Or words to that effect? That's when I tuned out. Those lines are so of their time, its something people cringe at when they watch the LOD back now. Why are they doing shitty lines like that?

The Ascension are absolute dog muck. Nobody buys them as anything other than WWF Tribute acts from the leisure centre. They should have got Paige's Dad in. He did a better job on a show I saw years ago.

Just watched their Smackdown match against Samu's son and Rhett Titus. Its hilarious how much they are basically the Road Warriors. They come out in their red and black tights and their shoulder pads and just play the Roadies. And they arent really that impressive looking. You need guys the size of Ryback to do this gimmick.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I like the whole gimmick, entrance and look, but they have shit in-ring work. Viktor (the little one) is absolutely awful.
He's the speed guy, act like one! He's not a power guy.

Edited by FelatioLips

Couple all that with the fact that Konnar has been in developmental since the dawn of time and they still don't seem to know what the act is. I've only seen them since the network launched, but that's still the better part of a year in NXT and up until Itami came in, they were just not doing a great deal of note and smashing jobbers

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I know mate but that was almost 8 years ago, unless he's done something since I'm not aware of it would certainly add a bit more excitement (more so than Lillian Garcia with all due respect) if he had a gig to introduce some of the main events. 

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members

Just watched DDP vs Goldberg from Halloween Havoc 98, I've always felt that the way Michael Buffer used to announce WCW main event title matches made them feel so big time. Someone hire that man!

Buffer would make WWE go broke. He charges five figures per appearance.

Just watched DDP vs Goldberg from Halloween Havoc 98, I've always felt that the way Michael Buffer used to announce WCW main event title matches made them feel so big time. Someone hire that man!

Buffer would make WWE go broke. He charges five figures per appearance.

So how much money did Turner spend on Buffer then? He was on a lot of their PPV's and even on a couple of Nitro's.