Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Yeah as a diehard WWF kid I was gutted Flair won the '92 Rumble because I perceived him as looking skinny and ancient, especially compared to fucking SID JUSTICE, coupled with the fact that just after seeing it I was shown a tape of him tapping Neidhart out, who I loved because he was a head the ball, on Superstars or something. I couldn't get my head around how he could batter any of the people he was going up against because he seemed so boring. I still don't think my dad's forgiven Piper for not launching him over the top rope in that Rumble when he gets him up for the gorilla press.

Wasn't that Bulldog?

• Paid Members

So I was at a pub quiz tonight, and TWICE I got fucked by wrestling.

Q: What is Bono's real name? I put "Ryan Hewson" (it's Paul Hewson).

Q: Who played the Joker in The Dark Knight Batman movie? I put "Heath Slater", but luckily got corrected swiftly. 

Still though - cost me a point.

• Paid Members

What does everybody think of D'Lo? What fucked him over really? was it poor Droz's accident or Russo leaving the WWF? Him rushing into the locker room shouting that he was going to WCW in 2000 wouldn't have helped either. Bit of both I say. Droz was a total accident.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Was watching the Trish and Christy Hemme match from WM 21 last night. The match was actually ok and Trish's bumping was impressive. Less impressive however was the volume that spots were being called at. Almost pissed myself when I heard Lita say " go down" and Hemme dropped like she'd been shot.

What does everybody think of D'Lo? What fucked him over really? was it poor Droz's accident or Russo leaving the WWF? Him rushing into the locker room shouting that he was going to WCW in 2000 wouldn't have helped either. Bit of both I say. Droz was a total accident.

What's the story there?

Everyone loved D'Lo. Crazy charisma and a dynamic ring style. If he came along a few years later he'd have been winning world titles within two years of his debut, like a Del Rio or a Sheamus.

• Paid Members

Supposedly he was off to WCW along with Russo and Jarrett. He was going to be pushed right up the card there. WWF told him they'd sue if he left and he was to honour the terms of his contract. Obviously that ended any push he was going to have. Russo and D'Lo were best buds supposedly.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Anyone else think Stardust is mint? I think he pulls off the character far better than I ever would have imagined him to do.

It's his best run to date. He's really good at the gimmick, no doubt. It's a similar career path to his brother - at some point, no matter how good you are technically, if your own personality just isn't big enough to create a wrestling persona out of, you might as well go for something big and bold.