Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I know some will disagree but thinking about everything that has happened this week, it's really going to be one of those ones that's going to go down in the history books of Wrestling as a 'I was there' type moment.

The only one I can remember being perhaps as big or as mind blowing is perhaps when WCW folded.

Edited by The Reverend

Beautiful Roman Reigns there knew he was heading back-first into the table so he took the Brave Man's Gamble of jumping to a potentially safer landing. It was my least favourite of their three matches but still really fun. I'm absolutely loving the Shield's interviews lately too.

I wonder how/why some wrestlers go from worker to announcer or gm or any non wrestling role, if there career is at the end fair enough but surely guys like Alex Riley or Brad Maddox are'nt even 30 and have'nt had the chance to do anything yet, I know they can maybe get back in the ring at any point they want.

Do they have a choice or do they do it cause they have no other option?

• Paid Members

Alex Riley, Prince Albert and Brad Maddox would probably have impressed someone in NXT during a workshop and they thought its worth a go on the announcer desk. Look at Matt Striker. He would have been released years before he was had he not done the announce gig. They have the choice to say no, but nobody is going to say no when you are on the sidelines because they dont rate you as a worker. Alex Riley probably thinks this is a much sweeter gig than doing nothing.