Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I'm not the biggest Edge fan.

Nothing to do with his look. I liked that.

I just don't think he did what a proper headliner/champion should, and in my book that is get people over and carry the company.

Sure he complimented extremely well with guys like Cena and Taker. But when he was against someone who wasn't already a "made man" it was dull. Swagger, Del Rio.

Sure he complimented extremely well with guys like Cena and Taker. But when he was against someone who wasn't already a "made man" it was dull. Swagger, Del Rio.

Has anyone managed to make Del Rio interesting or upped his stock though? He's worked with people like Cena and Punk and he's always been a total bore. Swagger has had less opportunities at the top, but he's also always been as dull as shit on his own too.

Has anyone managed to make Del Rio interesting or upped his stock though? He's worked with people like Cena and Punk and he's always been a total bore. Swagger has had less opportunities at the top, but he's also always been as dull as shit on his own too.

I thought Big Show and Ricardo made him interesting for a few weeks early last year.

Edge is utter utter shit.

• Paid Members

Del Rio could have been a player. Especially at the time. Not Edge's fault he turned into a dullard, but the feud with Edge screamed "he isn't making the step up". whether it was Edge, Christian or Punk, they decided to put him on hold to the point that it was to late in the end. At the time he had Ricardo who was great. He had the class vignettes and he had the wonderful entrance with the cars. He was a pretty different act at the time. But Del Rio suffers from piss poor booking and the fact that he's hit that wall where nothing he will ever do will make me interested in him again. Like Mr Anderson. If you actually watch Andersons matches, he's never been better in the ring. But its impossible to make anyone who has any standards care about him because he's ... well Mr Anderson.

Adding to the fact Del Rio lost interest in WWE about 2 years ago and only stayed because there is no money in AAA or TNA. His passion is gone. The interest from the fans is gone. He ticks every box when it comes to an upper card act. They should have put Nash with him. That was the perfect way to use Nash. Way better than what they did with him, Del Rio as the rich man, Ricardo as the comic relief, Nash as the heater. If they were going to insist on having Nash around, having him stand at ringside would have been better than doing ladder matches.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Have you seen the match Edge had with Taker at Summerslam 2008? It's bloody brilliant. Probably my favourite HIAC match.

I thought that was decent, but it does not stand out as one of the greatest Edge matches for myself. I greatly prefer HBK vs Taker in 1997, the original and best HIAC in my opinion.

I say that as someone who does not rate HBK as highly as most do.

They killed Del Rio when he utterly failed to fulfill the "Destiny" he'd been banging on incessantly about. They built him up really well to become top heel then just changed their minds, like so many times. He should have won the title that first time and had a proper run with it. I really liked him for a while there but it seems like so, so long ago now.

Del Rio is a strange one for me, he'll come out to 0% heat, but then he'll work a match and the crowd will be well into it. He's an incredible performer in the ring for sure but he just cant capture any heat or emotion from the crowd with a microphone or in a feu but I bloody love his matches. He's had a ton of good ones with Christian, Dolph Ziggler etc and the series with Van Dam would have been good too apart from the shit finishes.

• Paid Members

Del Rio died at Wrestlemania against Edge for me. Dirty Eddie hit the nail on the head about the "destiny" thing. You can't brag for months about winning the title being your destiny, then win the Rumble against Santino of all people, then lose at 'Mania. It killed all of his heat, and for me he never recovered from it.

• Paid Members

Not sure anyone has ever got the treatment Del Rio has had and failed to get over. His highlights DVD would be called The Sound Of Silence.

Watching 1997 Raws. The debut of the DOA is miles better than I remembered. Randy Orton would kill to be that over.

Hilarious that Ahmed fucked up his knee in the brawl that followed and ruined his heel push.

He was brilliant booting Ziggler in the head over and over again while ostensibly still a babyface, and then coming out and cutting that coy tweener promo immediately after. I proper loved all that, and I don't usually like either of them.

Either side of that match he's be a fucking drain in every feud he's had for years.