Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Dumbolition, The Bollocksheviks, The Cock & Troll Express, Los Cuntquistadors, High Doltage.

We really could go on all night with these.

Edit - Jaffa beat me to the Spackolytes.

Edited by wandshogun09

Bloody Hell I feel like Mike Levy here.

I expressed my disgust at corporations use of dying kids to further their political interests and dare to mention that Cena's promos are pretty tedious and i'm ganged up on by an "internet clique".

The irony that my rants against Make a wish and anti bullying vignettes on Raw is met with overwhelming cyber bullying, is not lost on me......... :laugh:

Bloody Hell I feel like Mike Levy here.

I expressed my disgust at corporations use of dying kids to further their political interests and dare to mention that Cena's promos are pretty tedious and i'm ganged up on by an "internet clique".

The irony that my rants against Make a wish and anti bullying vignettes on Raw is met with overwhelming cyber bullying, is not lost on me......... :laugh:

One thing dude every major company does charity stuff and advertise it, in the Premier League and they make mention of it every game and use the biggest stars to further the cause Kick Out Racism. Its a worth while cause using famous people so the public will pay attention

• Paid Members

Who's this 'internet clique'?

And you're being a bit of a drama queen saying you're the target of 'overwhelming cyber bullying' just because a few people called you and your new tag team partner stuff like Dunce & Dumbino or The Dirty Shite Boys, on an internet forum. If you find this type of thing overwhelming then I don't know how you cope in real life day to day. Must have skin as thin as tracing paper.

One thing dude every major company does charity stuff and advertise it, in the Premier League and they make mention of it every game and use the biggest stars to further the cause Kick Out Racism. Its a worth while cause using famous people so the public will pay attention

No I can totally dig that dude......I guess it's just I get a bit cynical of their motives especially in this "PG" era where they are trying to whitewash their past and take down old videos so that Linda's opponents won't have any ammunition against her.

I mean they are pushing the family friendly image so hard that it's all a bit too saccharine especially as it wasn't that long ago that they were all about violence and sex....these days they won't even do a chair shot or blood....and rolling the dying kids out every week without fail is just a step too far........and their right wing hard on for the armed forces is also a bit too much.......won't be long before they start saying the lords prayer at the beginning on every show

Who's this 'internet clique'?

And you're being a bit of a drama queen saying you're the target of 'overwhelming cyber bullying' just because a few people called you and your new tag team partner stuff like Dunce & Dumbino or The Dirty Shite Boys, on an internet forum. If you find this type of thing overwhelming then I don't know how you cope in real life day to day. Must have skin as thin as tracing paper.

Thought I'd take some moral high ground :laugh:

I guess it's just I get a bit cynical of their motives especially in this "PG" era where they are trying to whitewash their past and take down old videos so that Linda's opponents won't have any ammunition against her.

But they did it before a bunch of morons decided to start calling something a 'PG' era.

• Paid Members
I mean they are pushing the family friendly image so hard that it's all a bit too saccharine especially as it wasn't that long ago that they were all about violence and sex....these days they won't even do a chair shot or blood....and rolling the dying kids out every week without fail is just a step too far........and their right wing hard on for the armed forces is also a bit too much.......won't be long before they start saying the lords prayer at the beginning on every show

*It actually was quite a while ago that it was violence and sex.

*They do chair shots, just not stupid chair shots.

*Dying kids are not rolled out every week.

*They don't even really promote the armed forces deal THAT much, plus I'm sure the effect is much different for a US audience than over here.

That last bit almost reads like you are some mad wrestling fundamentalist. "Won't be long before they doing t'prayers. End of 't'business that". Your taking it all a bit too harsh man, it's just wrestling.

EDIT: That's a great article HG. Well worth is for the part about Nikita Koloff. Living the gimmick.

Edited by Chilli_Dog

• Paid Members

I do agree that a lot of the WWE nonsense going on with Be A Star grates on me. Seeing heels acting out of character and all "nice" just isn't on for me. Worst was when LayCool did it back when they were my favourite heels. And yes, WWEs burgeoning social conscience sets off my inner cynic in regards to Lindas political aspirations.

To be honest, I just get fed up of anything extracurricular, so to speak. Adverts for the latest rubbish film they've cast one of their wrestlers in, Be A Star, trying ostensibly to get more people using social network sites when they *should* be sat down watching the show - honestly, what is all that about? Hey guys, what's happening in the ring really doesn't matter. Log onto Twitter, check out the hashtag for whatever The Rock just said, make your comments and come back to us. We promise the Prime Time Players will have lost by the time you get back, if you're quick.

Yes, I'm a bitter bastard and wish the product - like most things - was the same as it was when I was fourteen. But I surely can't be the only one that misses the days when start to finish an episode of Raw consisted of only the matches, interviews promos and angles designed to hype the wrestler or build a program, and the odd shill of the Superstar line or Sunny popping up to tempt me to masturbate buy a t-shirt.

That's 100% in your head mate.

To be honest, I just get fed up of anything extracurricular, so to speak. Adverts for the latest rubbish film they've cast one of their wrestlers in, Be A Star, trying ostensibly to get more people using social network sites when they *should* be sat down watching the show - honestly, what is all that about? Hey guys, what's happening in the ring really doesn't matter. Log onto Twitter, check out the hashtag for whatever The Rock just said, make your comments and come back to us. We promise the Prime Time Players will have lost by the time you get back, if you're quick.

Yes, I'm a bitter bastard and wish the product - like most things - was the same as it was when I was fourteen. But I surely can't be the only one that misses the days when start to finish an episode of Raw consisted of only the matches, interviews promos and angles designed to hype the wrestler or build a program, and the odd shill of the Superstar line or Sunny popping up to tempt me to masturbate buy a t-shirt.

Yeah dude I agree with 100% I do wish it was the wrestling was the same as it was during the Monday night wars and the whole attitude era (Though the New Generation era was probably my favorite......but don't think it would play well these days).

I liked the wrestling industry being full of drugged up jaded characters who partied hard and crashed cars and I miss the steroid era where people were ripped and looked like god's battling it out........I also miss the out of shape middle aged blokes with receding hairlines and beards that looked like they kick the shit out of you....

I mean wrestlers die young, that's what they do because of their life style.....They get paid danger money like prostitutes because when your in either of those lines of work your chance at a happy ending is very remote .....this sanitized uber right wing incarnation of the WWE has no grit or dirt to it and it's that grit that makes wrestling such a wonderful thing. These days the WWE roster looks like the cast of Hollyoaks and they are all drug tested so all your left with are these shiny "Yes Men" and all the real characters are out in the indies