Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I don't think there is any right place to post such utter bollocks, really.

The WWE get as much out of Make a Wish as the kids do it's a trade off not a charitable act

The Charities get promotion out of it as well. It's win/win. So what? Cena does shit loads of this in his own time off-camera with no publicity as well. You failed to mention that.

Yeah well good for Cena......he's probably a pretty stand up guy.

Not blaming him or anything and maybe i'm being overly cynical but when I see the WWE PR machine at work it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.......

• Paid Members

Shit like "they were standing side by side IN REAL LIFE!!!" makes me piss my sides when I hear it. Benn and Eubank legitimately hated each other. But they'd do charity events, ITV specials, Jonathan Ross shows and all sorts of other shit where they were side by side wishing death upon each other. Usually people who hate each other in real sports are connected to the hip because thats where the business is.

And its only wrestling. It doesn't really matter anymore. There's good kayfabe (like selling an injury away from TV) and there's bad kayfabe (like working the gimmick at charity events or if they exploited the Lawler heart attack).

You are asking for a second Omar, Stormy. Next time, something will be coming out of the end of it.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

And its only wrestling. It doesn't really matter anymore. There's good kayfabe (like selling an injury away from TV) and there's bad kayfabe (like working the gimmick at charity events or if they exploited the Lawler heart attack).

Yeah HHH no selling his arm break at that boxing match a few months ago was a bit of a disgrace especially as he is like the head honcho.

But i thought that the Sabu drug problem promo (when he was on a stretcher) that was used to advertise a show he was appearing at few months ago was pretty weird but not without it's merits

You are asking for a second Omar, Stormy. Next time, something will be coming out of the end of it.

Please no

Not that they are visiting sick kids and making their wishes come true but that they always take along a camera crew and exploit these sick kids so they can advertise what a wonderful company they are and all the good they do in the world (basically to help Linda get to the senate)

Haven't they been doing videos about it for literally ages? I'm sure they used to do them. Eve nif there's more o them now, I'd imagine it's probably got as much to do with filling in TV time as it has with helping Linda's political career.

Not that they are visiting sick kids and making their wishes come true but that they always take along a camera crew and exploit these sick kids so they can advertise what a wonderful company they are and all the good they do in the world (basically to help Linda get to the senate)

Haven't they been doing videos about it for literally ages? I'm sure they used to do them. Eve nif there's more o them now, I'd imagine it's probably got as much to do with filling in TV time as it has with helping Linda's political career.

Yeah when you look at it that way I should be thankful that they don't give the likes of Cena and Punk an extra 10 minutes to cut their stale ass promos :laugh:

Is Stormy ANOTHER gimmick account? I can't fathom how he would be annoyed with those short vids, lack of Kayfab etc ....

For the record I think they are great. Seeing how happy those kids are makes it obvious what a good thing make a wish is. Unless its all just staged for those evil, intrusive cameras!!!

Is Stormy ANOTHER gimmick account? I can't fathom how he would be annoyed with those short vids, lack of Kayfab etc ....

For the record I think they are great. Seeing how happy those kids are makes it obvious what a good thing make a wish is. Unless its all just staged for those evil, intrusive cameras!!!

Hell I had been warned before I started an account that i would be tagged as gimmick poster what ever the hell one of those are.........but these are my beliefs

I dunno I watch wrestling for the erm wrestling and yeah I like the wrestlers to stay in "Role" and no I don't wanna see Jim'll Fix It every time i switch Raw on.

i mean is that unfathomable that i find it in bad taste that the WWE portrays itself as this humanitarian company when in the past they gotten to so many shady deeds like the Montreal screw job or the cover up of Nancy Argentino's death......

I mean it's not like I'm saying anything outrageous here........

• Paid Members

Hell I had been warned before I started an account that i would be tagged as gimmick poster what ever the hell one of those are.........but these are my beliefs

I dunno I watch wrestling for the erm wrestling and yeah I like the wrestlers to stay in "Role" and no I don't wanna see Jim'll Fix It every time i switch Raw on.

i mean is that unfathomable that i find it in bad taste that the WWE portrays itself as this humanitarian company when in the past they gotten to so many shady deeds like the Montreal screw job or the cover up of Nancy Argentino's death......

I mean it's not like I'm saying anything outrageous here........

You are really taking this all way too seriously.