Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Yeah I can swallow the point really easily actually that wrestlers just love a moan. It's just surprising on the flip side of that given the whole carny "what's in it for me?" aspect to a lot of the old timers. I suppose if you're Bret Hart you're not going to tell him "Bret is getting heat off the boys" but you're not going to have any trouble at all saying Shawn is so he functions as a sort of agony aunt.

Reading these old Observers, you can tell he had far better sources in WCW than WWF/E, as he always dedicated more space to them (when they were both the number 1 promotion, and sharply declining) Benoit and Flair were definite sources, from his book I think Bret only really started talking to him after the Montreal incident.

I posted the initial comment whilst listening to Meltz talk about Eddie & Benoit on a WrestleMania XX retrospective and he mentioned he would hang out at the bars after WCW shows a lot and Eddie and Benoit would always come over and shoot the breeze with him.

Could explain the slant towards WCW coverage, too. I just can't see him doing the same after loads of WWE shows. Sure they're also equally insecure but the whole operation I'd imagine was a lot more tight knit and official. There was probably agents and certain talent knocking about who would tell him to do one in front of the boys. WCW on the other hand was like a batshit school trip mixing in the oddest bunch of talent and backstage ever to exist on the same schedule.

The bollocks JR speaks just prior to the wrestlemania 22 main event on the live broadcast is very funny to listen to when you're drunk, or possibly at any other time

Has it been taken out of the network version? I went to watch it on there just now and didn't identify anything particularly hilarious, but since you said 'live broadcast' I'm assuming it was edited.

Big Show planning to retire some time next year.

Is it too simple to say he'll get beat by Shaq at WrestleMania and retire out of embarrassment? 

For All he has done I would hope he would end a 20 year Career on a bit of a higher note then being Embarrased at a loss to a former Basetball player, I know he gets a bit of stick around places but he deserves a better send off then that