Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Responses to WWE's Facebook posts are just as bad as YouTube comments, but they have the actual names attached usually.

Edit: Have they even got 40 men?? Wouldn't surprise me if all the main NXT boys get in.

Edited by King Pitcos

Hope its true, The Rumble is one of my favorites so the longer the better for me, they can easily fill 40 slots, for example 20 current roster, 5 nxt guys, 5 returning guys (Reigns, Bryan, RVD, Punk  ;) etc) and 10 randoms like Nash, Godfather, Rikishi or whoever

While they have so many folks under contract, it makes sense to go with a 40 man Rumble. I was surprised when they went back to 30 me after the first try at it. Plenty of guys sont get used in the Rumble as it is and it makes winning it seem more of an acheivement if there are 40 in there. i.e. you can potentially beat the record for longest time in a rumble, most eliminations, earlist winner (a bunch have won it from #1, but not with 40 men) etc. WWE loves those stats and roll them out annually. Plenty of records will stand for years, much like Kane's elimination record did. But at least if there are more guys in the match there is a realisitc chance some record may one day be broken again. Plus it means we get a longer fun filled match lol.

Liking Philly as the location, does make me wonder if we'll get a few ECW guys rolled out for the local pop.

• Paid Members

I'd like to see them throw in a couple of ECW guys, but not go overboard. If the likes of Bully Ray and Tommy Dreamer were available, I'd have them involved, plus a strong showing from a returning RVD, but not too much more. Enough for a bit of nostalgia, but so much it dominates proceedings, and overshadows the match.

I'd like to see them throw in a couple of ECW guys, but not go overboard. If the likes of Bully Ray and Tommy Dreamer were available, I'd have them involved, plus a strong showing from a returning RVD, but not too much more. Enough for a bit of nostalgia, but so much it dominates proceedings, and overshadows the match.

If Bully Ray were available, they should sign him up full time.

• Paid Members

Plus Bully Ray wouldn't work in WWE on his own, it only worked in TNA because no one watches it for it to mater The WWE audience would want to see The Dudley Boys.

You're probably right about the nostalgia. I wouldn't say it wouldn't work though. He's one of the better promo guys around. He could easily make it work. I just don't think they'd want him.

• Moderators

Id like to see no ECW guys in it. It's dead, let it die rather than bringing it back to ever diminishing returns every couple of years. Wanna bring someone out for nostalgia? Bill fucking Dundee. He's a better worker than all of the ECW lot anyway.

• Paid Members

Id like to see no ECW guys in it. It's dead, let it die rather than bringing it back to ever diminishing returns every couple of years. Wanna bring someone out for nostalgia? Bill fucking Dundee. He's a better worker than all of the ECW lot anyway.

Who?

Plus Bully Ray wouldn't work in WWE on his own, it only worked in TNA because no one watches it for it to mater The WWE audience would want to see The Dudley Boys.

I could see the Dudleys getting a last run in WWE. They're clearly HOF worthy guys, so one last run and an induction wouldn't be too much of a stretch i don't think. Personally i'd sign them in a heartbeat. Perfect muscle for Heyman in the periods when Brock isnt around. The back story is there already too. You could have a top face finally about to get his hands on Heyman one week when everyone knows Brock isn't around to save him. Then you could have the Dudleys make their return running in to make the save. 3D through a table, and the show goes off the air with Heyman and his 'no one is as smart as me' smile.

Edited by truthofsin