Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
I always hated the finish to that Disasters vs Money Inc match when he's put out by the million dollar dream after a sleeper. Why the fuck did Typhoon just watch?

Typhoon done a "Sgt. Slaughter" bump over the corner ringpost, didn't he? In kayfabe, he might have still been struggling from the effects of that.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
Did The Shield lose a six-man tag by disqualification the other week because one of them broke up a pin?

They've been doing that a lot recently. Apparently the ref has "lost control" and calls for the bell. It fucking pisses me right off.

I haven't seen the match but did see an instance of it recently. Isnt it more a pin break up and then sustained beat down which makes the ref call for the ball? Still shit but it means they pull it off a bit better.

EDIT: In hindsight, its amazing how well The Shield have kept their aura considering the amount of shitty DQ finishes theyve been involved in.

Edited by Van Dammer

• Paid Members

There's a secret one-save rule which they've never informed us about. They teach it to the developmental lot, so they know not to get a bit mental in tag matches. You can only break up a pin attempt once in a match. If you do it more than that, the match is thrown out. Like if the wrestler decides to do it, the referee will be informed by Gorilla position to just stop the match - that isn't what happened with the Shield, though. But the audience dont know that rule, so it always comes off as totally confusing.

Go back and listen to Dean Ambrose on commentary a few weeks back. He criticized Cody and Goldust for "burning their save" during a tag match. Also you cant mount somebody and punch them anymore either or the referee has to DQ you also. Yet the audience dont know this shit. Jimmy Korderas mentions it on twitter all the time.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Find me a match from Japan where Albert was good and I'll call you a liar. Been watching some stuff this afternoon and he was just as fucking crap as he always was! It could be the most impressive Power Slam/IWC myth of all time that he magically got good. What a complete load of shit, no wonder Tensai was such a disappointment when he came back.

This is pretty good. Not a case for Tensai being some kind of super-worker or anything, but he's far from shit here. I think it's from 2006, but not 100% on that.

Have you got a link to one where Natalya's good? I think her being good is a bigger lie than the Albert lie, because at least everyone admitted he was shit after about six months of him being back. But you still get clowns demanding Nattie be made divas champion because she's a WORKER~ and top quality and all that.

I remember

being good, and long for a throwaway Superstars match. Don't quote me on it being great though, not watched it in a while.

• Paid Members

That "one-save" rule makes total sense, from a kayfabe rulebook point of view.

Not explaining it on commentary makes zero sense, however. It's probably done because they piss all over it when they feel like it. Given the amount of lengthy, leading to a sprint-finish tag matches we get these days, I'd be astounded if they featured only 1 pin break-up per team.