The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

there's a rumor going that TUF 25 is going to be an TUF All Star series. I saw the list of possible fighters and called bullshit, but it's been picked up by several news sources. Look at this list...

Johnny Nunez

Dominic Waters

Jesse Taylor

Joseph Stevenson

Gilbert Smith

Julian Lane

Edward Gordon

Dhiego Lima

Kajan Johnson

James Krause

Zak Cummings

Mehdi Baghdad

Gerald Harris

Justin Edwards

Seth Baczynski

Michael Ricci

Jamie Yager

Hector Cervantes

Edward Ellis

Junie Browning

Ramsey Nijem

Hayder Hassan

Thomas Gallicchio

First off, there's no way the UFC would put Junie Browning back on TV is there? Also seeing Zak Cummings name baffled me as he's having a pretty successful run in the UFC as it is.

I have at least a vague recollection of most of those characters. I presume a few of them are from more recent seasons. Julian Lane and Mehdi Baghdad don't ring any bells.  Still, Joe Stevenson, Browning, Yager, Nijem and Jesse Taylor stand out as names"of sorts. If it happens, this could be worth a look. 

It is a shame. Barnett has always been a favourite of mine. However, I am not that surprised. He pissed hot several times when drug testing was more lax. He also had a habit of getting busted at the worst possible times. Like when he had just beaten Couture for the UFC title in 2002, and seemed posed to be one of the company's figureheads. Or just before his fight with Fedor in Afflication, which could have been the biggest night of his career. 

It's not that bad this time. It's not like he was pencilled in for a massive fight or anything. But given that he was ranked 6th by the UFC, and had just beaten Arlovski in a scorcher, there was a chance that he could have gotten one last massive payday. He still might, but this a major setback. 

Archived