The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

Joking aside, Woodley would be a good fight for Bisping. It would give him another big pay day without having to lose the belt.

Obviously never going to happen, don't get me wrong.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rogan said Nick Diaz turned the UFC down against Robbie Lawler, he apparently wants a "money fight" or a title shot.

The guy hasnt won a fight since 2011, there is no money fight that isn't a rematch, we seen him getting dominated by GSP and after his last few outings Anderson Silva is probably not a draw, that just leaves Conor McGregor and he could have an easier time fighting his brother and still make the same money.

If he beat Robbie Lawler which is probably his easiest route to a title fight (would be mostly on their feet and Lawler probably wouldn't want to take him down) then maybe he could cut the line at 170.

• Paid Members

Nick Diaz vs. Conor McGregor would legitimately break all records. I doubt it'll happen though. Nick's best bet is to wait until Bisping loses the belt, which I can't imagine will take long, then fight him. He won't be able to fight him whilst he's the champion, but once Bisping loses I think that's a great fight for both of them.

It might break records and if Conor McGregor is just looking to make a one off cash out then fine but fighting Nick Diaz isn't a smart move. It would most likely be a harder fight than Nate and Conor is too small to be fighting legit welterweights and those dog fights can take Yeats off you.

• Paid Members

Fighting Nate wasn't so smart and you had people questioning McGregor moving up to Lightweight, but here he is in 2017 having conquered both. I think McGregor also made it quite clear he's after the fights that will make him the biggest coin. Similar to the Nate rematch, I can see the UFC trying to make sure it doesn't happen, purely to protect McGregor.

I do think the Khabib fight will be giant. Khabib, while not having the smoothest English, is incredibly underrated at trash talk and hype. I thought him trying to make it Ireland v Russia after his last fight was wonderful.

Dana even said you can't keep having fights like Conor-Nate 2 as your body can't handle it, he took a little dig at Rory MacDonald probably undeserved saying he wasn't the same after the Lawler fight (he's only had one fight since) he also mentioned Meldrick Taylor's fight with Chavez in Boxing.

They have a new announcer former WWE & current ESPN employee Todd Grisham, from what I remember of his WWE run he was really shit, hopefully Anik moves up and he does the FS1 cards.

Random tidbit, but someone just pointed out that not a single current UFC champion has a fight booked right now. That's just mental (especially with more champs than ever), I wonder when the last time that happened was?

In other news, dos Anjos is moving up to Welterweight! I can't see that ending well for him, he hasn't got the height/reach to cause the bigger guys problems imo.

Archived